୨⎯ "𝐓𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝" ⎯୧

"Great job Thorn Princess," Loid raised
his hand, signaling a clap towards Yor but she bluntly ignored it.

She turned her head, staring at the frozen Loid with his raised hand and started chucking
"Same to you Twilight!"

"God reminds me to never do the clapping thing with you." Loid rolled his eyes and dropped his hand.

It's been years since operation Strix ended. Two years ago, Twilight and Thorn Princess were both assigned to eliminate the other.

They met each other face to face, both not knowing the other ones true identity.

~Flashback~

"Thorn Princess, am I right? "Twilight asked fully knowing the answer.

"Yep, and you may be twilight. The spy that betrayed our country."

"That's a great way to describe yourself."

"Stop with the chit-chat, you can remove that disguise you know. There's nothing too private about a person that's about to die in my hands"

"Same to you Miss Thorn Princess, you might consider removing that mask. At least I will know your identity to build a grave for you."

"You are so going to die tonight, say your last words, sir! " Yor said while holding onto her mask, but not fully removing it yet.

"We aren't even sure who's going to die tonight." Twilight snickered while holding onto his disguise, not fully removing it as what she was doing.

" The answer is "you". Now let's stop this and fight!" Thorn princess yelled while pulling off her mask.

At the same time, Twilight did the same and pulled out his gun, he was ready to fight until he froze.

"Y...yor?"
"..loid?!"

"What are you doing here? It's not what you think it is! I...I am...I... I am just helping out a friend. " Yor tried to quibble her way out.

"Helping out a friend on killing?"
Twilight chuckled a bit and quickly stopped as he realized it wasn't a good position for him to laugh.

"Do you.."
"Do you.."
They both mumbled at the same time and looked at each other awkwardly. The silence continued for a few seconds when Twilight broke it.

"Do you want to talk about it? For Anya of course. she does have a spy and an assassin as her parents...now "

"Uhm..., how about over there? At the bench. To uh talk about those things..?"

" uhh sure," Twilight answered while lowering his face, his mind couldn't comprehend what just happened. Yor, his loving wife was secretly an assassin?

It was the same for Yor. His husband whom she always thought was a doctor was secretly a spy, and her enemy.

They sat on the bench, awkwardness filled the air. None of them knew how to start a conversation. They just sat there for a while in silence.

"So uh, you are the spy Twilight?"
"Uhm... So you are the .. Thorn princess?"

They mumbled their questions together and looked away blushing from severe embarrassment. Silence filled the air once again.

Before it got to a stage of pure embarrassment, Loid grasp himself and muttered,

"C...can we not... Uhm break the relationship between us? Of course for Anya."

"S..sure. "

They began to explain everything to the tiniest details. About Loids missions to Yor's crazy career. It seemed like there were no secrets between them anymore. And they certainly did not detest it.

Time flies, and soon the clock strikes midnight. Yor was lying on Loid's shoulder dead asleep, snoring and possibly drooling as well. Loid didn't attempt to wake her up or do anything about it.

He gazed at those ruby eyes of hers, making an effort to believe the secrets behind them. that inky hair flowed as sweetly as a poet's ink and quill across her face-

"God, why am I thinking about that, I should be nervous now. What am I going to do? My, and her mission is to kill each other."

"Well, I can always figure something out."

"... We can always figure something out Together."

~end of flashback~

After discussing, Loid and Yor decided to give up on the mission, claiming it was way too hard. Their handlers couldn't do anything about it. The mission is very much dangerous and risking their best spy and assassin is not an ideal thing for them.

And thus two years have passed.

In these years, Loid proposed to Yor, for real this time. And she accepted it. The mutual feeling they had for each other led to a cozy garden wedding, with blue skies hanging above and soft breezes.

Both of them didn't care about hiding their true feelings anymore. You stopped forcing yourself to be "the perfect wife" and spend her days with a huge grin playing along with Anya. Loid avoided always overthinking every single thing and enjoy the time with his family.

(Angst alert)‼️

Everything was going great until something tragic happened to their daughter.

The sequela behind all the experiments cast in Anya is a disease including vicious suffering. For a ten-year-old girl, it was hell. She sobbed from day till night. Until her eyes are dried, until the tears stopped dropping.

But that did not stop the pain.

It was the first case for such to happen in the whole wide world. None of them knew what to do. They tried finding the best doctors, but none succeed to ease the pain.
Yet not once did the couple give up.

Life was a tragedy on its own. No one has a smooth life. No one ever will.
On that day , It seemed like god played a cruel joke on both of them.

They both remember the date very well.

It was 24/12, the silent night. That day, the quiet sobbing from Anya halted. Her damp sapphires slowly fade away, as she took her last glimpse of the light and her parent's grieving faces. She forced a slight smile before slipping into her deep slumber. Everyone was in deep sorrow, Yor and Loid cried themselves to sleep for weeks.

It was a fake family built for just one solo purpose, but that didn't stop the real feelings to arouse. It just had to be stomped on their happiest days.

Guess life was really that cruel. The days without Anya's laughter, her cries of hating her school work, or just her existence. Without those was like the most basic human feeling, joy, being stripped away from them.

It took the both of them two years to half come out from the griefing.
But at least they are spending their days together, instead of being alone.
That would be really terrible.

They didn't agree on missions that easily after Anya's death. Knowing how death seems like got them to know the importance of living.

For most of their days, they spent time walking around the park, reminiscing their past. Talking about the future. And focusing on the falling blossoms in the present. It was in all ways, peaceful, unlike their second life.

Sometimes they still sob for anya.
Sometimes they still couldn't believe the fact that Anya's death.

Oh let's just admit it, none of them can accept the truth. It was way too painful.

She isn't coming back
Whispered their heads
She has to
Sob their hearts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:
This story is requested by

TorshaSamy
Thank you for your amazing request!

ps: please read the notice before requesting any stories!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1200+