୨⎯ "𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥" ⎯୧

Dear Yor:

When you are reading this letter, I am already gone. You may have a billion questions on why, but sadly I couldn't explain them in person.

Just a few months before, I trusted my colleague and invested my life savings in some stocks. Turns out I was scammed, deceived by their lies. I didn't mention a thing to you because all these happened in just a few days.

And within that few days, I lost my savings and am currently in huge debt. I didn't want to be a bore and certainly did not want to drag my family into my foolish decisions. And so, I decided to leave.

Please, in all seriousness. Don't attempt to find me. If you do, something bad might happen. Please, for Anya or yourself. Don't find me.

Please take care of Anya for me, you're the only person she could rely on. And, she needed you.

I am sorry, I am sorry for everything. And, thank you.

For everything

Sincerely,
Your Husba

"Husband? Am I still yearning for this fake relationship to continue? Operation Strix is long over.
Twilight, you are a spy. You shouldn't carry any burden that can impede you from doing your duties... you mustn't "

There seems to be something blocking his thinking. "Husband" is the only thing he could think of. He knew he was still holding onto these sweet memories.

But in the end, memories should stay as memories.

He's a spy.

He's not the likable, flawless Loid.

He's a spy.

Who must be cautious in every action he made. He can't be so carefree.

Just like his mentor said" one unreasonable judgment. One greedy dream. And evil would take over." He could never have such thoughts.

For Peace
Anything for peace

Loid crosses out the last sentence and wrote "Loid". He folds the paper and places it under the mug that he always used and walks away, heading towards the door, leaving the only place he felt joy.

He would be apathetic again, the smile he wore on his face would be gone. The laughter that made his day a hundred times better would be gone.

Everything he yeared wished,
begged for

Would be gone

He held the handle, trembling. His mind told him to get this over with and step out but his heart told him to stay.

"... If a miracle happened. Then I might-"

"CHI CHI! YOU BIG LIAR!" Anya's voice echos from the hallway, stopping Loid from stepping out.

Tears welling up in Anya's eyes, threatening to stream down. She pants from dashing out of her room.

"you can't leave, you can't leave." Despite being exhausted and weary, she kept repeating with determination.

So miracles do exist.
Maybe I could listen to my heart's contents.
For once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A

uthors note:

Thank you for @(this person wants to be anonymous) for this amazing request.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 500+