୨⎯ "𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬" ⎯୧

Definition of Tenebrous:

1. shut off from the light

2. hard to understand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun slowly makes its way down. The sunlight that blazes the world hides behind the clouds. It is so calming , just like the Folger famil-

Never mind , I take it back. The Folger family is currently under a mess , a huge mess.

"Anya! Stop throwing away all the stuff I packed for you! " Loid stared at Anya irritatedly. Currently, Anya is emptying all her clothes just to have room for Bond to be in.

"B... But Papa, bond will be lonely if he stayed here with! "Anya

"Anya, Bond is a living creature, he needs oxygen to live. He can't breathe inside your backpack. Besides he is way too huge to fit inside your bag."

"NO! Bond wants to be with us!"

" No is a no, now pack your clothes back or we aren't going on this trip"

" Fine! Bond I'll miss you" Anya tried to imitate a sobbing voice to make Loid change his mind but failed miserably when Loid's expression was still the very same, visibly annoyed.

"This will be so much easier if Yor wasn't on her business trip," Loid thought, and Anya heard it. She drooped her head and recalled the terrible memories when she was treated as a troublesome science lab rat at the hellish lab. She doesn't want her dad to abandon her, but deep down she knows he won't. At least that's what he won't do if he has a choice.

Now all Anya did is to avoid any trouble, yep that will be easy

Anya hastily packs her clothes with Loid surprised by the sudden attitude change she has. After she finished stuffing clothes back into her little luggage, Loid starts his car and began to drive to the famous lake in the countryside. It is famous for the stunning view it has at night, the incredible camping spots it has, and most importantly it is popular for families to visit there and camp.

Loid forger reckons that they should go and visit there to execute his mission( having a better bond with his fake family ), besides Anya kept pestering him to take her on an outing mainly because she didn't want to study. This will be a good way to have a closer bond with his "wife" and "daughter" if Yor didn't have one of her business trips on the same day as the outing. Well, Loid can always take it slow. Bonding with a kid is tough. But he'll do anything to accomplish his job.

During the car ride, Anya appears to be quiet. She was nothing like her original self, chatty and jovial. Instead, she sat quietly in the backseat, while doing the extra maths exercise Loid packed for her.

Loid was startled when Anya reach for her maths exercise and start to do calculations. He doesn't expect her to even touch it. But here she is, counting with her tiny fingers and jotting down the answers.

He could've shrugged it off speculating that she probably wants to get a Stella Star from the next coming exam but he didn't. After all the time he spent with Anya made him understand Anya better day by day. He knows that Anya won't spend her time on boring work unless he forced her, which he didn't. Or she starts imagining that her family will abandon her. Loid has to take action if he wants Anya to just have fun and loosen up the pressure from school on this outing.

"Anya? Do you want to put down the homework and enjoy the view? It will be prettier if we reached the campsite but the view is still quite extraordinary around here!" Loid proposed.

"Papa I need to finish this first" Anya replied with apathy. Still lowering her head and visibly struggling with her maths exercise.

Peeking at the busy Anya, Loid can't bring himself to say anything. On one side he wanted her to concentrate on studying, but on the other side, he wanted her to just enjoy her time here on this outing. He glanced around, attempting to find something that would pique Anya's interest and distract her from the work. After a short while, something catches his eye. It is a petting farm that is conveniently right outside the entrance of the campsite, and he knows Anya will adore it. He parked his car and turned to Anya, who is staring at the petting zoo.

"Do you want to go try it out?"
"Can I?
"Obviously!"

Anya leaped down from the car and scurried to the petting zoo. Loid yelled and told Anya to not go any further than wasn't within his sight. Of course, Anya being Anya didn't give any attention to it. Loid would find her regardless if she got lost.

Looking at the carefree Anya, doing the thing she loved. Doing what an average kid would do. Loid started to reflect on himself. Did he do the right thing? Forcing a kid to study this hard only for his mission.

If it's a normal kid, they would probably have a tantrum if they knew they had to study all these immense subjects. But Anya, it just seemed like she could read his mind.

Yes, she did occasionally refuse to study. But in the end, when he wanted to give up. She would always change his mind and picked up the book with her petite hands and tried her best to smush all those information into her brain. Most of the time it was a vain attempt. But she tried, and that's enough for loid.

The caliginous sky seems to represent all the secrets hidden in the Forger family. The stars shone even brighter in the night.

Is it a good thing? We'll never know. But for now, the sky is serene. And it brings peace of mind.

Word count: 1000+