『ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜』

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

‣ Daaaaamn, those cheeks tho!

‣ He caked up af!

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

"Ah, so he wasn't a madman all along then! "

She said as she took another sip from the tea Genos made for them to drink while talking.

"No, your grandfather was a great man! He saved my life as a human and both as a cyborg more than once! "

He set down his cup in front of him on the table.

'How can he keep such a straight face while talking about this?! '

"I've sworn to catch and destroy that cyborg who has ruined my city and killed my family! But without Dr. Kuseno now, I don't think there is anyone left to put me back together after a tough battle again and again. "

He seemed to have lost interest in the tea by now.

"I am so sorry to hear that. I only knew my grandfather when I was still a little kid, so I don't remember that much. Only the day of me and my family leaving Japan stayed clearly to me in my mind. "

She took the last sip from the tea, leaving a bitter taste on her tongue of all the flavours sticking to the bottom of the cup.

"I should be the one to apologize! You have lost a family member! "

He immediately shot up from his seat and bowed right away.

"Oh! Oh no no! It's okay! No need for an apology, really! "

She waved her hands around as he straightened back up and took his seat in front of her again.

'I really do miss him somewhat... But I'm more scared of what he has left behind.. '

"What are you planning to do after this now? With no mechanic? "

She played a little with her empty cup, still trying to brush away the bitter taste on her taste buds with the roof of her mouth.

"I will have to move on and fight until my last sparkle! "

He said it so determined like not even death could scare him!

What is death like for a cyborg?

Do they just turn off?

Can they turn back on?

Is death as painful for them as for humans?

'But I really have nothing to do about it. He'll have to find a new mechani- '

"WAIT! You lived here with my grandfather, right?! "

He looked up at her and nodded.

"I do! But I guess I have no right to stay here anymore. "

He got up and headed to the front door.

"I didn't mean it like that! You have more right to stay here than me! "

She followed him with her eyes, eventually turning around to see him opening the door.

"No, you are a family member of Dr. Kuseno. This is what he would have wanted! "

And with that last statement, he left and closed the door after himself.

She turned back to the table and thought for a second as she was left alone again as the only sound heard in the room was her feet tapping against the wooden floor. She turned Kalista back up as she was left offline when Genos entered the house hence why she couldn't alert her about him.

"Did I just evict a lone cyborg? "

She shook her head and put the cups away.

"Why didn't you tell him that you could help him from now on? "

Kalista's robotic voice broke the silence in the room.

"There are a lot of other mechanics who can take care of him! I'm literally his age and I still have college studies and can't even take care of myself either and- "

She leaned onto the counter, putting all her weight onto her palms, supporting her.

"- and I just met him... I have never even had anything to do with a cyborg! A life could depend on one simple mistake here! "

She brushed her fingers through her long black hair as she saw her deformed reflection on the sink and stopped.

"I don't wanna play with someone's life..."

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

‣ I can't take my uni anymore *continues to take it*

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

➟ ℚ𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤, 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕤, 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤, 𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖!⤵