chapter one

Ophelia's pov

It was a beautiful sunny day and I was sitting on a swing at the park watching my dad laugh at my mom's jokes off in the distance. The sun's rays hitting my face and transforming my boring brown eyes into an alluring hazel. There was a slight breeze but that was to be expected as summer was coming to an end. Nothing but the sound of nature could be heard.

~IvE bEeN FeElInG fReAkY DeAkY~ "Damn that was only a dream." Groaning, I got out of bed. "Oh well, a new day a new adventure." ~MhHh sO BaCk iT Up... "Oh that's right I didn't switch off my alarm. There ain't no better way to wake up than to Doja Cat." I said to no one in particular as I walked over to my desk. I have a weird habit of talking to myself but, ya either love it or hate it. I switched off the alarm, casually glancing into the mirror. "OH MY GODD! Why can't I look like a Kardashian when I wake up. Life is so unfair." Touching my forehead I told myself, "If I had the money, I would probably get my huge ass forehead fixed. I wonder if they have a surgery for that?"

"OPHELIA! WAKE UP YOU START WORK IN A FEW MINUTES!" My dad not so quietly informed. "A couple of minutes! How long was I asleep for?" I quickly checked the time. "Pheww, it's only 6:30am. Gosh he sounds more like mom now. Scaring me like that. I better get ready though before I really get late."

As I got under the comfort of the hot water my body relaxed a bit. "Ohh this is the life." ... "I be rockin it like it's fresh out the pan. Only when I'm taking pics I'm the middle man. Walk talk it like a boss I just lift a hand. 3 million cash. Call me rain Man. Money like a shower that's my rain dance. And we all in black like it's gang land...

*Thump thump*

"Wow I can't even take a bath and sing. What happend to our right of freedom, huh?" The one thing I hate about living in Toulouse (pronounciation: too-looz), is how close everyone's houses are."

After my concert, I changed into the usual. A pair of powder blue high waist jeans and a strappy off shoulder pastel floral top. I went through my morning hair and skin routine which took me forever. That's the price of beauty ladies and gentlemen. I played some music off my phone while I got ready. I don't use Spotify, it has too many ads. You know, one time I was in the middle of a very important Doja Cat concert and then the next moment all I hear is ThAnK yOu FoR lIsTeNiNg To sPoTiFy. Like hell nah. You don't get to interrupt my Doja Cat concert just to appreciate me. I don't care who you are. Even if you were Beyonce. No hate to her. But the saddest thing was that the song was Ain't Shit.

Around 7:15am I waltzed downstairs to work and bless everyone with my presence. Ohh, I forgot to mention, I work at my father's bakery which is located just below our apartment. Great right, I don't have to worry about transportation and getting up extra early. Y'all must be jealous, God has favourites you know.

I skipped to the kitchen, entering through the back door greeting everyone as I got my apron from the rack. As I tied the knot Sophie, one of my closest friends waddled towards me. Waddle you may be asking? Well Sophie is actually a soon to be mother. I absolutely cannot wait for the baby shower. I need a good excuse to wear that new dress I bought a while ago.

"Ophelia?" She said in an unsure voice. "Oh sorry I spaced out there for a while. How are you? How's the little upcoming soccer player?" " I'm good and the baby's good. The kicks have been a bit of a problem recently, which reminds me. Could you please manage the register for me in the front? I can't stand as long as I used to." Sophie responded. "Yea of course, you didn't even have to ask. I prefer working the register anyway." "Thanks a million Ophelia." She answered full of gratitude. "No problem. Take care of yourself and I'll be off. To the register and not beyond."