chapter twelve

Ophelia's pov

Ugh my feet are hurting so bad right now. I should have never let Henri convince me to wear these god damn heels. All for what? Just so I could get acquainted with a hot guy. So far I've only been hit on by creeps.

I quickly weaved my way through the energetic crowd towards the bar. I hopped onto one of the bar stools and let my legs rest on the footrest. A sigh escaped from my lips as I relaxed into my seat.

"What can I get for you?" A very handsome bartender asked me.

Your number I thought.

"Uhmm... I'm not sure just yet."

"In that case would you like to look at our drinks menu?" He replied.

"Yes. Thank you."

With that he bent down and grabbed a menu from the below the counter.

"Here you are. Let me know when you have decided." The hot bartender said.

He soon left to go tend to another customer. I watched him work and reminded myself to thank Henri for dolling me up. I then looked down at my menu to decide which drink I should have.

"Pardon me but I noticed that you're new here and are having trouble choosing a drink. I'd personally recommend this one." A really good looking guy that happened to be sitting next to me said. He had short raven black hair, a jawline sharp enough to kill, full lips and grayish coloured eyes. He was wearing a black suit with a crimson coloured tie. Huh who wears a suit to a club?

His long thin finger tapped on the menu dragging me out of analysis. Next to it read 'Woo Woo'. Well that's a unique name.

"Trust me it tastes really good". He replied after noticing my hesitation.

"Alright I'll take your word for it."

Soon the bartender came back to take my order.

"I'll have an 'Angel's rum' and the lady will have a 'Woo woo'." He replied ordering for both of us.

Wow he's such a gentleman I thought. And here I was thinking that all of them died off.

"I don't think I caught your name?"

"Ahh yes. My name is Luke. And what about you?" He answered.

"Ophelia..."

"Like the song by the Lumineers?" Luke asked.

"Yes. Exactly like the song. I'm surprised you know it. I.dont think I've met someone who knows that song."

"Hahaha, well I guess I'm the first." He said. His laugh was deep and resembled more of a chuckle.

~A few drinks later~

"This club is sooo freakin huge and prettyyyy. It's like a houseee."

"The owner must be pretty rich hey." Luke who was still next to me replied.

"Like reallyyyy rich. Speaking of him I heard that he's really gooood looking. But he's still single. Likeee if your thaaaat good looking why aren't you in a relationship? Huh? He must have a reallyyyyy bad personaliiity."

"I never thought about that but I guess your right." He replied with his hand on his chin pretending to be in deep thought.

"Rightttt! Ughhh he's so rich and spoiled aaaaaand has a bad personalityyy. He must have only set this club up to meet someone. So unfairrrrrrr he's just abusing his power."

"Hahaha your right he is. Oh are you okay? You look like your going to fall asleep." Luke asked concern lacing his voice.

"I'm gooood thanks. But why are you so worried about a stranger that you just met. For all you know I could just be pretending to be drunk and a serial killer trying to lure you home and kill you."

"Hmm you do make a good point there buut..."
He leaned down and whispered into my ear

"... I don't think you are a serial killer." He then stood up to his full height.

"Now let's get you back to your boyfriend. I can't believe he just left you like this all alone." Luke said looking slightly annoyed.

"Who? Ohhhh you mean Henri. Nahh he's not my boyfriend he's just my best friennnnnnd. Anywayyyy he should be somewhere on the dance floooor."

"Oh I see. Well, can you walk?" He asked.

"Yea yea I'm fineeee. You know I never used to be such a lightweight... Come on let's go find Henwii."

I then proceeded to drag him through the crowd trying to find Henri. After a while we managed to spot him.

"There he is. The blonde with the green eyess. That Henwii."

"Ahh I see. Well let's get you to him." Luke replied.

"Henriiii. Let's go home now. I don't think I can handle any more liquor." I said tugging on his shirt.

"Lia are you okay? Damn I knew it's been a while since you drank but I didn't think you'd be this bad." He said.

"Mhmmm can we go pleaseeeee. I think I'm going to throw up." I then clutched my stomach as I felt the liquor start to swirl inside.

"Okay okay. Come on let's go. Oh and thank you by the way for helping Lia find me. What's your name?" Henri asked Luke.

"Luke. Well now if you will excuse me I will be going. And don't worry about Ophelia's drinks they were on me. Well then, bye." Luke replied waving as he disappeared into the crowd.

"Thank you." Henri yelled after Luke.

"Yesss. Thank youuuuu. And goodbyeeee."

The next thing I knew was; Henri and I were in his car heading over to his apartment.

Authors note:

Sorry for not posting in a really long time I felt really unmotivated to write. By the way the story is no longer being co written. I cut ties with the girl who was my best friend. So it's just me writing and planning it now. Also happy new years ✨