chapter four

Ophelia's pov

At around 6pm I finally got off from work. Ughhh, today was eventful. I walked over to the kitchen, took off my apron and threw it on the hook. Yes threw, I am way too tired to put it properly. Anyway, I still have to take it off tomorrow to use it again. I'm sure it can recharge in that position just for tonight. I mean, I've slept in worse conditions. That's a story for another time though. As I trudged up the stairs to my bedroom, I saw 2 missed calls from my bestie.

Oh no. I am so dead! It's bad if I dare to even miss 1 of his calls but 2! He's probably on his way to beat my ass. I immediately pressed the call back option standing in front of my door. I stood there frozen in place waiting for him to pick up. It kept ringing and ringing. Oh god! This is bad. I called him again and this time I could hear his ringtone playing not far behind me. Shit!

~ OfFeReD hEr A pIlL AnD nOw ShE yElLiN. tOoK HeR fRoM ThE hIlLs, NoW wE RolLiN~

Yes his ringtone was goosebumps by Travis Scott featuring Chase Atlantic. Let's just be honest, it's more like Travis Scott being featured cause Chase Atlantic owned this song.

"Ahem, why aren't you answering my calls?" His deep, soothing voice laced with a thick French accent interrogated me. "Aha, uhm well you see... I just got off work and... Wait why am I pausing and sound like I'm finna stutter? I could take you and your crusty ass any day of the week. But to answer your question, I was working and I'm finally off."

I guess I'm exhausted from today that's why I almost stuttered. As if I Ophelia Rosè Duval will ever stutter as a result of a man. Like hell no. Pussy power bitches!

"I take it you've had a long day at work so I'm going to let that one slide." He answered. "Yeah I actually did. OMGG I almost forgot all about the tea. Come inside there's so much to tell you. Where do I even start?"

"You better not leave any details out even if they are insignificant I want to hear everything." He replied stepping into my room. By the way my room isn't anywhere close to neat or even tidy. My shoes are everywhere and nowhere at the same time. This one time I came from work and saw my white converse just lying around so I mentally planned out my outfit to go with the shoes in the morning. Apparently my shoes had a mind of its own cause in the morning when I finished change and was looking for it, it was nowhere to be found. But I learnt to just go with the flow. So now I choose my outfit for the day just before I have to go somewhere. That way you catch the shoes by surprise so they can't run.

Unfortunately my bed was no exception to the mess called my bedroom. I have an unhealthy obsession with teddy bears. I mean come on who doesn't love teddy bears. My collection ranges from vintage bears to popular favourites. My oldest teddy bear would probably be the vintage bear my mom got for me at an antique store in Johannesburg when we went down to South Africa for a family vacation. It's a cute little bunny. It's grey and white with dark brown eyes similar to my own.

Anyway, to say my bed was littered with teddy bears was an understatement. It was completely dominated by them.

Honestly I don't even know how my room ends up in such a disheavealed state when I'm not even here most of the time. Even if I am in here all I do is sit on my phone or sleep.

After he closed the door we both went straight for the bed seeing who could get the right side first. I did obviously like did y'all seriously expect me not to aha good one. Anyway as we both settled on the bed and moved my bears to the couch. No way in hell am I letting my babies sit on the floor even if there's a carpet. We then stretched a bit. Just letting go of all that tension building up in our muscles. After that we got straight down to business.

"So who were those hot dudes in the bakery?" My bestie inquired. "Well I didn't get their names but... wait how did you know their were 2 good looking dudes? The pic I sent you only had the ethereal guy."

"A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do." was all he said.

"Well then you should know their names."

"Oh you know me so well. Their names are..."

Author's note

Hey sorry about the late update I was really busy this week cause my stupid school decides 'hey why don't we bombard our students with work and assessments so they can't breathe and hey why don't we start the other written tests next week😃'

So yea I've been stressed and not to mention I don't have lights😃✋

But I hope y'all enjoyed🌸