Chapter 30: Titan

Percy's POV

"Hey, you ok?"

The voice snaps me out of my daze and I turn away from the window with the blue, hyperspace glow to see Stephen approaching me. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that he's the same guy from Halloween. He's so... different.

Well, not physically speaking. Apart from the vitiligo he still looks about the same. Same dark hair, same high cheekbones, same confident posture, same smirk. Everything is about the same.

Except for his eyes.

I mean, they're still the same color and everything but they look... older. His gaze isn't one of a 20-year-old guy. Normal 20-year-old dudes have this stupid, cheerful gleam in their eyes.

Yes, I know I'm in my twenties but I've seen stuff ok? Don't judge me.

It's just that... Stephen's eyes remind me of Steve or Bucky's. Like, at first glance these seem normal, but then-

Wait no, that sounds weird.

More like, he has a serious, strong gaze. When he smirks his ego shines through a bit, and when he smiles you can see that there is a softer side to him. But when he does the whole staring-off-into-the-distance-while-The-Force-Theme-is-playing thing, he looks tired, broken even. Like a war veteran.

BUT, that's just me ranting. Who knows what's actually going through that guy's mind? It's been years after all!

"Percy!" Stephen yells, suddenly right in front of me. When the Hades did he get there?

"What?!" I yell back, annoyed at his tone.

"I asked if you were ok and you just kept staring," Stephen answers, equally annoyed.

"Oh," I reply, suddenly feeling foolish. My face burns up a bit, and I try to stuff my hands in my pockets before I remember that I'm wearing armor and I don't have pockets. Which makes me blush harder. "I- I'm good, I'm good. You?"

He casually shrugs. "Pretty ok considering we're all flying to our deaths."

Earlier, we had figured out that the donut spaceship was on autopilot, heading to, according to our genius calculations: Thanos Evil Incorporated. We had a small discussion as to whether finding a way to get back to Earth or go to Thanos' home sweet home. Stephen tried to persuade us to head back home but Tony was quite insistent on fighting Thanos at his home base.

Stephen immediately rebuked my godfather's idea. "I don't think you quite understand what's at stake here, under no circumstance can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos," Stephen stated with authority.

My godfather did not, and never will, like when people tell him 'no'. Even when he knew he was wrong, he won't ever let someone contradict him. Peter and I looked at each other with a nervous glance. With these two Olympian-sized egos in the room, this couldn't end well.

Tony let out a humorless chuckle as he slowly stalked over to our friend. "Listen, I know you're a nice kid and you're just trying to keep your 'Sorcerer's Code' and stuff. But with all due respect, doctor, you're the one who doesn't understand," Tony said, he was right in Stephen's face. Tony gently poked Stephen's chest as he said 'you're', which caused a flicker of annoyance to flash over Stephen's face.

Stephen, despite being many years younger than my godfather, was still a few inches taller than him. But Tony wasn't going to let that intimidate him, he never had.

Stephen, looking a bit bored, crossed his arms, raised a skeptical eyebrow and said, "Oh really? Do enlighten me then, doctor."