Assassination

Hank's mind

In a dark room one figure was standing in the middle. His head was lowered and his eyes were closed. A red beret was on his head and a black balaclava covered his face.

Suddenly a sound was heard in the dark. The figure opened his eyes and look at the direction where the sound came from.

?: back again? Thought you wanted to leave for vacation.

The second figure approached the light and revealed itself to be Wank.

Wank: you know why I'm here.

?: I do?

Wank: at least you should. You're an anomaly... something not even the employers expected.

?: I don't even really know how I'm here. I thought I died long ago.

Wank: you were left forgotten but he remembered. That is what brought you back.

?: so why did you lie to him? Why did you come back?

Wank: I can't leave... even if I wanted to. The employers placed me in Hank's mind to control him but with time we became somewhat friends. I left him in control while giving him my strength. But he wanted to cut our connection and I did.

?: the employers? You keep talking about them. Who are they?

Wank: they're the strongest beings alive. They're the alpha and the omega. They're the gods of the forsaken land called Nevada.

?: you seem to fear them.

Wank: the employers are responsible of Hank's survival. He died multiple times but the one he calls doc always stitches him back together and the employers give him life.

?: they don't seem to be that bad then.

Wank: they're the gods and Nevada is their playground. Well... that's beside the point now. I'll still be there but I will be quiet. You're the main voice now.

Wank turned around and went on to go back into the shadows but turned around and looked at the figure again.

Wank: do you have a name? I have to know.

?: my name huh... let's go with Jack.

Wank: Jack? Heh... it's kill or be killed Jack.

He turned around and walked into the shadows.

Jack didn't feel his presence anymore. He closed his eyes again and lowered his head and waited for Hank's arrival.

Hank POV

I opened my eyes and found myself in the usual dark room. My old self was standing in the middle of the room.

I walked towards him and snapped my finger.

H: hello? You still with me?

My old self opened his eyes and looked at me.

Jack: hello Hank. What brings you to me?

H: I'm always here when I go to bed. Well this is a lot better than having to fight through my nightmares.

Jack: you're a fighter Hank... even in your dreams I guess.

H: actually there is something I want to know.

Jack: that would be?

H: what's your name? I should know the name of the voice in my head.

Jack: It's Jack now.

H: Jack? So is that my real name?

Jack: no. Even I can't remember your real name.