Conservation

M4 POV

This could be it. We managed to find Elisa. We kill her and the war ends. She's hiding in a very well fortified base.

We can't win against her forces alone. Kryuger is meeting with general Carter today. With the additional military forces, we will be able to punch a hole through their defenses while another team can cut all of their escape routes.

We can end this war in a few days. Their command chain is weakened because Hunter is dead and four other ringleaders joined our ranks.

It's about time it finally ends. The meeting just has to go smoothly and the ringleaders need to behave. When everything goes as planned then Hank will be our only problem.

I was always optimistic about things but for this... I have really high hopes for. We were also told that an elite Task Force would join us on this meeting. Security has to be top notch after all.

Hank POV

I finished my drink and left the bar. I need to find something to do. C'mon! As long as two people are left on earth, someone gonna want someone dead but still nobody asked me.

I thought I had a little bit of reputation here but I guess nobody wants to hire me anyway.

*sigh* better bored than hunted I guess.

I walked down the streets and searched for things I could do to distract myself. Maybe go hunting... maybe go fishing... maybe try playing tennis for once. I didn't get my tennis lessons in Nevada.

I thought about more things I could do but then my tablet made noises. I pulled it out and read the messages.

AK-12 is telling me to get my ass over to their base of operation. Guess something big is coming up. Hopefully I get to kill things. I'm itching to draw some more blood.

I shoved the tablet back into my pouch and headed towards my destination.

It was a good walk but now I'm there. This place is so well hidden. Guess it has to be when you're an elite task force.

I entered and a spotlight was activated and sheen directly at me. A figure approached from the dark and pointed their gun at me.

?: freeze! Identify yourself!

I analyzed the figure before I made my next move...

H: safety's on, dipshit. Now let me through.

AN-94. checked her safety and it was disengaged.

AN-94: what are you talki-

H: made you look! Ha!

AN-94: you are the worst. But you can enter. Angelia wants to see you. Follow me.

I nodded. She turned off the spotlight and walked towards the operation room while I was following her.

We entered and were greeted with the rest of the task force.

AK-12: took you long enough.

H: yeah fuck you too. So what are we doing?

Angelia: you remember you're good ol friends KCCO right?

H: yeah what about them.

Angelia: well I found nothing that could incriminate them, so maybe you were tricked by someone else.

H: it's a possibility.

I just don't give a shit anymore. Probably wasn't personal anyway. It is what it is...

H: anything else?

Angelia: yeah. Officials of G&K and KCCO will meet today. They seem to have found Sangvis Ferri's leader. They're negotiating a joint assault.