Chapter 3

Asta is walking with Liebe in the forest with a pathway from vampires walking at the path frequently. "Where do you want to go?" Asta asks "I just want to walk around in the town and go near the border of where humans live. But I have to go with you... but you were..." liebe said sadly as he looks down on the ground which softens asta's heart.

"I will take you there, we still have a lot of time. I can continue to do research on the humans in the dungeon when we come back." Asta said in nice tone. Liebe looks at asta with hope in his eyes, it made asta smile.

They walk out of the forest and it reveals to be a normal village with shops, houses and other facilities. Actually it is a town where vampires live.

They walk to the shops to see what items they are selling, the shops sells daily products such as clothes, cutlery utensils and more. But the most important is blood, they sell it in a bottle which made it looks like liquor in it. Some sells raw meat too but there are limited amount of raw meat selling there.

When they are walking in the town, some villagers gave them treats like handmade candies from blood, pastry made from blood, etc. They thanked the villagers when the villagers gives treats to them.

After that they walk out of the town. They walked into another forest which separates the border with the humans, the forest has tall trees, smaller trees, ferns, short plants and some animals wandering around.

They can hear some birds chirping, the sound that the tree leaves make when the wind is blowing, dry leaves crunching while they are walking on them. They were enjoing the sound and they didn't notice a few people hiding in the lower plants or behind the thick tree trunks.

Suddenly the people jump out of their hiding place and attack the brothers. The brothers were shock, especially because he couldn't sense any pressence near them before the mysterious people appears. Then asta realised he forgot to bring his weapon along with him and liebe's weapon's size is too small for him.

He extended his sharp and well maintained nails as he is ready to fight the mysterious people. "Who are you all? What do you want from us?" Asta asks with his hostile tone while not letting his guard down.

"We are here is... to get your little brother!" One said as the person pass asta to get liebe who is standing behind asta. Then the rest of the mysterious people goes along with the person who is running away from the scene immediately.

Asta was stunned from the sudden kidnap. When he recovered from the sudden situation, he immediately went to chase after the mysterious people to get his brother back.

There are tree trunks blocking his sight to see the mysterious people while chasing in a great speed. 'I couldn't sense them just now and now I couldn't smell their scent... i couldn't differentiate if they are people or vampires...' asta's eyes open wide in realisation 'Don't tell me... they are dhampir! I heard before there was rouge vampires went to the humans villages then they live together without any conflict between them, they might have generations of dhampirs with the humans. I don't want him to experience what I experienced'

Asta prayed in his heart while trying to catch up on the kidnappers. But the kidnappers suddenly disappeared without a trace when he chases until a cliff. He stopped on the edge of the cliff and kneeled down in despair until he heard a rustling and a fast pace of footsteps coming from behind him until a shadow went down from the cliff. Asta followed to go down of the cliff the shadow which reveals to be a hooded person. He felt the presence of that hooded person is a vampire and he follow the vampire.

Meanwhile with the kidnappers, they are in an abandoned hut with a basement. They put liebe in a room and restricted liebe's legs and hands with special handcuffs that has some special material that works against the vampires. Liebe heard the conversation of the kidnappers.

"We can sell him for money, i bet he is worth than a million if we sell him to those researchers" one said and the others agreed to the person. Liebe started to get scared, he knew asta suffered and changed a lot after escaping from a research lab.

Suddenly they heard the door was forcefully break open. He hear the people shouting and hearing some loud thuds. Then he saw a hooded person opened the door and unlock the restraints on him. The hooded person took off his hood and reveals a middle aged man with blonde short hair, a star on the forehead and purplish eyes.

Liebe backed up a bit and just right in time, asta came into the room immediately run to asta and hugged him, asta hugged him in response too. "Thank you for saving my little brother, Julius. But why did you follow us?" Asta thanked and asked

"I was ordered from the king to supervise both of you from far and protect both of you if something happens." Julius answered him "Come, we should go back to the castle. I bet your father must be worried sick." Julius waits for the brothers in front of the door to follow him back after that happened today. They follow him back safely and Julius report to Vanitas. Vanitas was shocked after hearing the report, he immediately ask if both of the brothers are alright.

Both of them nods but their father keeps on checking if they have scratches from what happened, asta got irritated from his father's over protective and worrying behaviour. "Dad, can you please stop? We are fine, liebe didn't get any scratches from the kidnappers or even me" asta said in an irritated tone and his father stopped his actions. "I'm glad both of you aren't hurt" vanitas said and he hugs both of them. Surprisingly asta did not resist, he hugged back instead. He have not felt the warmth from hugs for a long time ever since he got back from there.

***

After all the things happened in the throne room, asta got back into his room which is filled with papers, books and some stationeries. He is cleaning some of the papers and books that are lying on the floor. Then he heard somebody knocked on the door, asta went to open the door and it reveals liebe was the one who knocked the door. He let liebe enter his room as he continues cleaning up the floor after he closed the door. Liebe sits on the end of asta's single bed, he decided to ask asta something after a long while of silence.

"Brother, who was the guy you called him julius?" Liebe asks curiously as asta stop his actions then looks at liebe. "The name of guy who stopped the kidnappers is Julius, he is one of a vampire who is working with dad for planning the things for the city. Dad said he found julius lying down unconscious in the woods when he went hunting. It seems julius had amnesia when he woke up" asta explains then he sees the time which is quite late away from liebe's bedtime "alright, it is time for you to go to bed." Asta said as liebe got off from the bed and open the door "good night brother" liebe said before closing the door and asta responded back "Good night little brother"

A/N: sorry for not able to update for more than 2 weeks. School schedule messed up, I'm in all science class which includes add math, very pressured cuz I'm in the 2nd best class. I need rest from some things too, that's why I wasn't updating for the last 2 weeks. I wasn't able to rest enough at night too so maybe I will only write a chapter once a month. I wanna talk more but ltr yall complain a/n is too long. So, cya. Take care, stay safe, stay healthy and don't get covid (for those who got covid, don't get another round ya)

Oh yeah, here's a pic of me wearing glasses as an apology