Chapter 6

Asta shrank his nails to normal and put his hands down. The man who is named Yuno turn behind to face asta

"Why do you want to find me? You usually find me to discuss about something" yuno asked

"Sharp as always, hm... yuno. Yes, i want to find you but not to discuss but to help me investigate about someone and somethings." asta said it without any cheeky sound and a serious face. Which made the air thicken too.

Yuno's face immediately turns serious and offered asta to sit down on the chair. "So, who do you want me to investigate in? Tell me what happened which made you want me to investigate" yuno asked as asta sighed

"Remember what happened to me when i was small? My little brother got kidnapped by the half bloods who were probably those rouge vampires descendent, i think they belong to a certain organisation. I want you to help me investigate on them and the staff in the castle. I suspect there is a traitor or an imposter among us (ඞඞඞ). So help me search the traitor in the castle too." asta stated "i don't want my little brother to go through what i experienced. It will change him a lot like i did."

"Sure, there will be one condition. I need to get a new sword and upgrade my weapons too. You know, in case that some vampires who disagreed for me to stay here will attack me, like what happened previously" yuno said

"That's a no problem, sorry to trouble you again" asta said "nah, it's okay. I understand, especially you are the one who is protecting your brother from what you have experienced." Yuno replied him which made asta smiled.

*unknown area*

There is a house in the dark forest where there is no sign of life in there. *bruh i forgot what i want to write* *oh wait, nvm*

A 'person' whose face features are shadowed, the person is releasing some intimidating aura around them which makes the lackeys cower in fear. The person sighs "the group that took the young prince has failed? Oh welp, we should lay back for awhile. The crowned prince might be investigating and probably tracking us" 2 more people appeared but they aren't showing their face features.

"So we need to hold our plans back?" One of them ask "we have no choice but to hold it till we are safe to continue. Which means we need to stay low." The person said, "But then... we can prepare more things for the upcoming conflict with the vampires, for the betrayer of vampire, Lucius." The person holds up a glass of wine and drink it, the other 2 also did the same.

O.O

Meanwhile in the castle where the royal family lives... Vanitas walks down the hallway with his robe dragging his pace, he tries to find his oldest son to see if his son is in a good condition and not being a sadist.

He regretted not paying attention and not realising that asta got kidnapped until he overheard a few servents talking about his son is missing. He tried to spend time with his sons but asta is keeping his distance away from him for the most of the time except the time asta needs to inform him things or during training. He knew why asta did it and he don't blame him.

Back to reality, vanitas walked in front of asta's room and knock the door. But then he got no respond and he knocked again... he also get no respond from the room. So he decided to ask the maids who serve the prince where asta is. The maid informed him that asta is in the library trying to look for information.

Vanitas then headed to the library where it is located in the other side of the hallway but it is on the lowest floor. He opened the door and revealed that the library has are 3 floors, each floor has 10 shelves bookshelves lean along the wall and some are near the sides, each bookshelves are filled with books, you can see some shelves has gaps where some books were taken out to read. There are tables in the middle of the library where you can see it when you open the door. Asta is sitting there with tons of books stacked on top of each other on the table. He looks serious and showed no emotions when he is flipping the pages and writing down notes.

Vanitas cleared his throat and asks "is there anything i can help or getting informations?" Then asta look at him "no, i can handle it." He replied

"Then I'll sit beside you to see how is your progress to search for the ones who tried to kidnap liebe and you." Vanitas said quietly as he pulled the chair that is beside asta and sat beside him. Asta didn't say anything and continued his investigation.

"So... how are you recently? Is your mind more stable than before? I hope the medicine that stablize your mind works. I couldn't ask you when training you, i don't know how to say it out that time..."

"Hm...I'm good, the medication makes my mind more stabilised." Asta said that and both of them stayed silent.

After awhile of silence between them, asta finally break the ice "i know you feel guilty and regretted ignoring both of us until i got kidnapped. I know you are trying to make up what happened, especially to me..." asta said as he closed his book, stood up and stretch. Vanitas looks at him quietly and realised that his oldest son has grown and his thinking are matured. "It isn't your fault that you ignored us, that time we lost my mother and it must hit you very hard. You must be thinking that distancing yourself will not hurt us so much if something happen to one of us. I know i was distancing myself away from you, i just don't know how to express love or feel to be loved after what happened to me." Asta said which touched his father's heart. Vanitas hugged him tightly and a few drops of tears fall from his eyes. After that they started talking until...

"Hey... what will happen if liebe really got kidnapped and julius wasn't there to save him?" Asta suddenly asks which shocked his dad, vanitas is lost of words. He wouldn't want to imagine it or even think about it. But then he quickly recover from the shock

"I think he will be a subject for experiments like what you have been through... worse is he will be siding with the humans who are against us if they manage to brainwash him." Vanitas said calmly and asta said nothing but a complicated look is on his face. Vanitas hugs him again to comfort him

"Let's not make it happen again. Let's protect him but not like what happened to you. This time we will get the culprits who got you and almost got liebe." Vanitas said with determination

"That reminds me, Yuno will be working with us to find out who is the traitor who gave them the location to attack and kidnap us." Asta said

"No problem, the more the merrier to find them, till then... it will be a pay back." Vanitas said with excitement as he put his hand up for a fist bump. Asta closes his hand to a fist and fist bump his dad. For once asta gave a genuine smile to his dad after a long time.

___

Damn... it's been a long time ever since i write this fanfic... sorry ya. Gonna be in the last year of high school in march and I'm struggling with add math, biology, chemistry and history, so i need to focus on my studies to get into a good college for a level. I'm aiming to go to taylors college or sunway college. If better, i would go japan to study.

Also black clover isn't an anime I'm obsessed. In fact, i don't have an anime that i am obsessed with rn, I'm more into genshin impact or games. But it doesn't mean that i will not be writing this fanfic anymore. I will write it but it will be a few times in a year update.

Hope yall understand lol

P.s. i am still active in wattpad, you can talk to me anytime ya ;)

-yeocchi