The Late-Boomer

A/N: The shock websites referenced in this chapter are not real websites, only references to actual websites meant to scar unsuspecting people. Please do not state the actual names of the websites in the comments below out of courtesy to others. Seriously.

***

In a loose definition, Arlo is what many considered sheltered, with fault entirely on himself. He never really had access to the internet as a child, nor did he want access to the internet. "Why do I need to have the fanciest new smartphone available when I can just go to the library" sort of deal.

If he wanted to learn about a dinosaur, there was a book for it. If he wanted to maximize the strength of his ability, there was a book for it.

And so, he never really thought there was a point to the internet, only receiving his first phone in middle school as a present from his parents for taking the title of King over Wellston Middle School. Although this upbringing might've given him a good head on his shoulders, there were many experiences all pre-teens went through that left Arlo as an oblivious exception.

This story is about how that information fell into the wrong hands.

***

It all began on a day like any other. It was the blond's day to monitor the Safe House, and he kept himself preoccupied with homework while also keeping an ear out for any trouble. Thankfully, the only problem was in the form of a small group of three Low Tiers and Isen.

"Eh, that website was always a little too much for me," The magenta-haired girl began, slumping down in defeat for whatever reason, "I've always heard bad stories about the stuff on it."

"Oh? You think that's bad?" Isen smugly smiled, "Escape the Labyrinth tells you exactly what's on the website. Now Tangelo Dance, that came out of nowhere! I wanted to puke!"

In the corner of his eye, Arlo saw the boy with the dark-blue hair turn a little green around the gills, "Oh dear god. I forgot about that one. Why did you do this to me?"

"HUH-- YOU FORGOT?!" The blond with incorrectly-gelled hair exclaimed with (mock) fury, "YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SHOWED IT TO ME. ON THE BUS."

"Oh... yeah. That did happen."

"YOU--!"

"Okay, that's enough," Arlo stood from his desk and made his way over to the group, who looked slightly abashed at getting scolded by the Former King, "There is no need to be this loud."

What he said must've lit a spark inside the underclassman because a fiery rage filled the short boy's eyes, "Wait, you don't understand," He wildly waved his hands to add emphasis, "He thought it okay to show me Tangelo Dance on the bus! Who does that?!"

With his eyebrow slightly raised,  Arlo didn't understand the problem, "I'm sorry?"

"Y'know... Tangelo Dance."

"Like the fruit?"

Four pairs of eyes widened in shock, Isen being the first to recover, "Arlo, do you not know what Tangelo Dance is?"

"No? Why should I?"

If there was ever a moment to have a serious moral dilemma, the ginger teen knew this was it. Isen was someone who did not know the horrors embedded in those who have accidentally stumbled across Tangelo Dance in their lifetime, and it was up to him to decide whether or not to keep it that way. On the one hand, it would be insanely cruel and unnecessary to inflict such a thing on someone so innocent and naive.