Phone Munchers and Cabbage Texters!

Bzzt-Bzzt.

Oh fuck.

Bzzt-Bzzt.

Not like this, please.

Bzzt-Bzzt.

Seraphina quickly pulled her phone out of her pocket, still feeling its constantly rumbling in her palm. Of course, the group chat decided to be active now of all times. Perfect.

"Who's phone is that?" With the exasperation in the teacher's voice quite evident, Sera couldn't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for him, "I told you to put your phones on silent."

"Sorry, Mr. Mocha," The magenta-haired teen apologized, clicking off her notifications, but not before sending one final, angry text to her so-called friends.

Now - Me: shut the f*ck up istg

Now - John: et pnt

Now - Blyke: ^^

John nearly gave Seraphina an aneurysm with his barely understandable English, but with a burning glare from her math teacher, the girl had no choice but to toss her phone into her school bag and wait until the end of the period to respond.

The bell rang only ten minutes later, and the coffee-loving teacher dismissed his class. Desperate to see what conversation caused her phone to light up like the Fourth of July, Seraphina quickly dug her phone out through her stuff and nearly doubled over after seeing over 100 notifications sitting innocently across her screen. About... cabbages?

They had sent over 100 texts to each other in a conversation about cabbages. In less than half a class period. How?

10:38 - Blyke: but WHY is it called red cabbage when its clearly purple

10:38 - Arlo: The color purple wasn't a concept when it was named, so they called it red.

Now - Blyke: HOW CAN A WHOLE ASS COLOR NOT EXIST THO

Now - Arlo: Purple did exist, but the word didn't.

Now - John: btt hw dd thy loko at a prpl cabbe an sy yeh thas red

Now - Arlo: Gesundheit?

It felt as though her blue eyes were actively betraying her. No way in hell they needed to talk about cabbages during class. She walked through the halls while scrolling through the message history, nearly bumping into unsuspecting people as her face increasingly grew mortified. They really did it. The entire conversation was really about cabbages.

Now - Me: yall are asses

Now - Me: why tf were yall talking about fucking cabbages during class

Now - Blyke: BECAUSE WHY ARE THEY CALLED RED CABBAGE WHEN ITS PURPLE

Now - Remi: i'm sorry, seraphina.

Now - John: et pant

Now - Isen: how abt cabbage?

Now - John: zesty

Now - Remi: blyke and i had a free period to start the day so we went to the supermarket to get some ingredients for dinner later and blyke nearly had a meltdown after he saw a sign for red cabbage.

Now - Blyke: WHY DID THEY NEVER CHANGE THE NAME

Now - Isen: its been like this for the entire time u were in class seraphina u didn't miss much