Ch.6 One More Home to add to the List

A Saturday afternoon. A boring Saturday afternoon. The house was empty, his father not there. He'd already trained with Purpled, his muscles aching due to the lack of stretching he did. He'd already taken a shower, his hair still damp and smelling of cherries. He'd already written, scrapped, rewritten, scrapped again, and eventually wrote the final copy of the song that's been in his head for days.

His notebook now has pages stained with blue, black, and red ink. There were papers littered around his floor, desk, and his trash was filled. The margins were filled with mindless doodles. There were words crossed out, rewritten, or even torn out of the book.

He finally came up with the final product, that single page pristine as ever. Written in black ink, only other color being that of the title. 'Cherry Bomb' written in blue ink, just how he did when he came home all those weeks ago.

All he has to do now is write guitar chords, or he can just come up with them on the spot (he's leaning towards the latter). He already has the beat planned out, it has been for weeks. He's tapping it out as he sits on the couch, not really watching tv.

His thoughts were rudely interrupted by his phone buzzing on the table in front of him. He looks over, seeing the contact with the name 'Sam' pasted on his screen.

He leans forward to press the answer button, tapping the screen another time to put it on speaker. "Hey, what's up?"

The slightly distorted voice of Sam bled through the speakers, along with the white noise of his house including the soft tv, distant talking, and the running of a coffee machine. "Hey Tommy, I have a thing we gotta do today."

Tommy tilted his head in confusion, acting as if Sam could see him. Taking the silence as confusion, Sam continued.

"The members of Esempi Racing want to meet the infamous TommyInnit. Tubs and Ran have been talking enough about you that all the members know more than they should about someone they haven't met."

Tommy gave a quick chuckle in response at the duo's antics. "Yea sure, big man. When and where?" The blonde stood up, grabbing his phone and making his way to his room.

"I'd say about half an hour and just go to the track. You know where it is, right?" The sound of the coffee machine got louder, then being accompanied with the sounds of mugs clinking together.

"Yep. South of that one retro café, yea? On the outskirts of town?" the blonde asked as he started picking out clothes for the outing.

The phone's speakers start playing out the sound of a liquid being poured out, then being interrupted by the voice of Sam. "You got it. Me, Tubbo, and Ranboo will already be there. Not sure about everyone else but they should be there within the hour."

Tommy grabbed the red bomber jacket he was gifted, old baggy beige jeans, red converse, and a black tank top-turtle neck type shirt. "Alright sounds good, chief. See you then."

"See ya."

Tommy was once again met with the silence of his household. He put on some music, the beats slowly floating throughout his room as he got dressed.

He looked into his mirror, making some minor adjustments. He ruffled up his hair, making it look nicer than it had been before. He rolled up his sleeves, showing the drawings on his forearms (just random doodles like his notebook). He cuffed his jeans just to make them look better.

Running down his stairs once again, he stepped into his kitchen. It was clean as always, the only mess being the dishes from earlier today. He went to grab for a snack, stopping before his hand could land on anything.