Ch.19 Healing Takes Time, and Thats Ok

(Its been a couple of years, and everybody is healing.)

"Tommy!" A voice sounded from behind him. "Hurry up or we're going to be late! Sam has a job for us!"

Tommy took a breath of the fresh air surrounding him before responding quickly. "I'll be there in a minute!"

The blonde looked out onto the city before him from the balcony where he stood. He could see the entire city from here. The tightly packed city square with sidewalks looping around. The park where children mindlessly play, unaware of the sick world they live in. The spaced-out countryside where he once lived, rolling plains open to the sun above.

He pushed himself off the railing, stepping backward once before turning on his heel, walking in the open glass door before sliding it closed.

He stepped into a living room that was definitely lived in. There were blankets and pillows lining the large couch, spilling onto the carpeted floor. The TV was running, some movie left forgotten playing on the screen.

There were a couple of cans lining the tables and counters (which did make Tommy scowl slightly). The wall was painted with bright moving colors, a mural with no true meaning painting the house. There were pictures in frames along the wall, lined with smiles and memories that one could never forget.

One where they were younger. Their hair freshly dyed and bodies adorned with new modifications they would love forever. The blonde rubbed his hand over his bicep, then ran his fingers over his gold-lined ears.

Another at Sam's shop, where they were still young. Bright smiles and grease-stained cheeks captured forever. Tommy swore his hands were going to be stained dark for the rest of his life from the dirty cars and muggy floors of his beloved shop.

A third with the four of them all standing together. It was an orderly picture, yet there was still chaos captured. Long gowns were draped against their shoulders, three of the four wearing a cap along with it as Tommys was hit off of his head from the brunette boy standing next to him. The sight brought a smile to his face, knowing that the memory would never fade.

The rest of the pictures were the same.

Smiles captured forever in that one moment. That's why Tommy loved pictures so much.

There were a couple from races. One of Tommy crossed the finish line with his signature move. Another from the very moment Tommy revealed himself to the world. The next simply the four of them messing around, being kids.

They aren't kids anymore.

But they sure acted like it.

"Tommy!" the voice screamed again. "I swear if you don't hurry your ass up , I will skin you and sell your small intestine on the black market!"

(Of course they were mature, what do you mean?)

"I'm coming! Jeez!"

Tommy quickened his pace, but looked at the pictures nonetheless. One of them at the burger place, another of them at the lake.

As Tommy walked, he watched himself and his family grow. Rounder faces seemed to get sharper, shoulders broader, everything older.

He was happy with where he was now.

Tommy picked up his jacket, a new leather one, off the kitchen counter, swiping his phone along with it. He didn't bother looking at the screen, simply slipping it in his back pocket before throwing the jacket on.

"I'm here."

Tubbo swung his head around, over exaggerating his movements so his body swung along with it. "Finally! God!" He had Tommy's helmet in his hand, tossing it over to the blonde with a fluid motion. The latter caught it with practiced ease, having done this almost every day for years.