Ch.17 This Moment of Growth

Today was a good day, Techno decided.

The sky was clear, blue radiating down onto the windows, reflecting the sun out to the world once again.

There was just enough wind, it blew your hair and cooled your face, but there was no inconvenience.

It was a good day.

That's why he was hanging out in the backyard, laying on the prickly grass as his closed eyes faced the sky. His hair was down and sprawled around, little wisps of green sticking through pink.

His chest was rising and falling slowly, taking the air in around him with such care so he could actually breath.

(It was a nice change of pace from the last few weeks.)

He listened to the birds sing their song from the trees, the branches seeming to sing along to the tune.

He enjoyed this good day as much as he could.

It was quiet. It was simple. It was nice.

But, nothing lasts forever.

A voice pierced the air, causing the birds to fly away and the wind to stop. "Techno!"

Techno groaned before sitting up, resting on his elbows as he looked over to his brother. "What, Will?"

The brunette leaned against the door frame, crossing his arms over as he set his glasses on the top of his head.

"My car needs an oil and tire change," he stated simply. "Is that place you always used to hang out at still around?"

"Sam's shop?" Techno asked, which earned a nod out of the other. "Yea, I'm pretty sure."

"Well can you go fix it? I'll pay n' everything. I just don't wanna go anywhere or talk to anybody."

Techno sat up more, his arms now resting in front of him as he looked to the sky once more. He took one final breath of fresh air before speaking once again. "Yea, I can do that. Been wantin' to talk to Sam anyway."

"Great!" Wilber beamed as Techno sat up from his resting place. "I'll grab the keys and my card quick."

There was a muffled 'alright' in response as Techno trailed his hands down his face, his skin stretching before going back in its place once the force left.

Wilbur quickly turned on his heel and walked inside, moving over to the counter where a few stray objects lay. Techno trailed in after him, his steps sluggish and heavy. Once inside, he stretched out his arms, taking in the pain that was produced from his muscles.

He let himself relax once more, rolling out his shoulders and shaking his head before moving more towards Wilbur. On his way, he started to put his hair up, hair tie sitting between his teeth as his hands moved effortlessly through his hair.

Once he got to Wilbur, his hair was now tied up into a loose bun, a few stray strands hanging down back into his face. He grabbed his glasses off of the counter and set them on his nose, reveling on the fact he could now see.

"Alright, here," Wilbur said as he handed the other a set of keys and credit card.

"M-kay thanks," Techno said, voice still groggy with exhaustion as he moved towards the door.

He stepped outside once more, sun beating down on his face giving him his energy back. His eyes opened wider, no longer feeling like lead.

And so, he was on the road. Driving down the old cracked pavement, taking the back roads in favor of the busy city roads.