Not Both

Walking through the woods, passing by monster eggs and dead bodies was a breeze for Arrow. For Joel however, he still had some adjusting to do.

The group started to talk about where Clyde and Minnow were headed. Arrow wasn't paying much attention and all they heard was something about a mountain and how it being cold kept the monsters away.

"You should totally come with us!" Minnow said to them both

"Well we would but you know I.."

"You gotta go find your girlfriend yeah yeah" Minnow sighed and walked ahead of the rest of them.

"If you knew her you'd really like her. She's a really cool person" Joel said. As per usual, Arrow rolled their eyes at him, they were getting sick of hearing how 'amazing Aimee is' or how 'sweet and loving' she is.

"Well she's not gonna like you, you can't even get our if a sandgobblers nest and honestly, I just like you cause you have a really cute dog" Minnow said, Arrow nodded in agreement. Boy was very cute. He was a good boy.

"Okay..that hurts my feelings" Joel muttered

"You're so useless" Minnow said, causing Arrow to laugh a little.

Joel looked back at Clyde confused as to why Minnow's attitude changed so quickly.

"It just means she likes you" Clyde said, patting Joel on the back.

"She's been through a lot" He said and they stopped walking to talk for a moment.

Joel nodded and looked up to Minnow who was still complaining about him. Clyde looked beyond Joel and slightly froze up.

"Joel. Don't move." He said.

"Oh my god. Why?" Joel asked, already beginning to shake.

"Give me your shirt" Clyde said, interesting request but the others understood why he needed it.

"My shirt? Why?" Joel said as russling could be heard behind him. Arrow noticed how he didn't look away from Clyde's eyes.

"Just give me your shirt, come on" He said, Joel nodded and began to take off his shirt.

Arrow had seen Joel scared, but never this scared, his hand was trembling as he took off his shirt to give to Clyde. Joel's eyes were welling up with tears, he believed that he was about to die. Arrow knew that. It shocked them as to how scared he was, it reminded them of themselves a few year before.

"Take it easy" Clyde said to Joel in a somewhat soothing tone. Joel was starting to ask questions that weren't very audible, his voice was to high pitched for Minnow or Arrow to understand what he was saying.

Clyde eventually helped Joel pull off his shirt, he approached the big snail looking monster. Clyde mumbled positive affirmation to the creature to keep it calm, he placed Joel's shirt in the shell type boulder that was on the creatures back.

"On your way now" Clyde said as the creature moved away from them, burrowing its way through the trees.

"What are you so scared for, he's a nice one" Minnow said, Joel slowly looked at her in bewilderment.

"There can be nice ones?" He said, his voice still trembling.

"You can always tell by the eyes. Just look in their eyes"

"This one probably save our lives too" Clyde said, still staring in the direction the creature went off in.

"It's gonna spread your scent all over this hillside. That old chumbler ain't gonna know which way to go" He said