Home

Joel and Arrow had said their goodbyes to Aimee and the rest of her colony, telling them that they should go to the mountains to find Clyde and Minnow. They knew the colony would be safe there and everyone would be together.

"We'll see you" Joel waved to Aimee and him and Arrow left, they hadn't let go of each others hand since they kissed.

"So, seven days there. Now seven days back" Arrow said.

"Do you really wanna come back to my colony with me?" Joel asked as they began to walk back out to the acres of monsters infested forests.

"Joel. I've spent three years all on my own and now I've found you, a guy that makes me more happy than I've ever been in my entire life. Of course I'm coming back to your colony with you. And with Boy, of course." They said and pet boy with their free hand.

"Yes of course, Boy too" Joel laughed.

"I want to spend as much time as I possibly can with you Joel" Arrow smiled at him but let go of his hand.

"And as a symbol of our relationship and trust for each other. I'm going to let you hang on to this" They said as they took their sword off their back and handed it to him.

"Really? Arrow that's so sweet thank you-" He had grabbed the sword and already got it caught on the ground, which made him trip and fall.

Arrow slowly took the sword back.

"I still love and trust you but uh...maybe not with the sword"

"Yeah, no maybe not" Joel said before getting up.

"Okay. Let's go" Arrow said as they stepped back into the dangerous land that is the outside world.

My name is Joel Dawson. I’m 24 years old, and I survived seven days on the surface with my partner, Arrow Mckenzie. Twice, actually.

Joel and Arrow eventually made it back to Joel's colony. Neither were injured which was a big surprise.

Joel opened up the door that lead down to the colony.

"I'll go in first, just so they don't get freaked out and try to kill you. Also to make sure there's not monster's there to hurt you. Be back in a sec" He said and quickly kissed them before going inside.

After around 30 seconds, it was Arrow's turn to go inside. They climbed down the ladder and saw Joel standing there.

"We're all good, my colony is just through there" He smiled

Joel took Arrow's hand walked into the main living space of Joel's home. In there were several people and a baby!? Arrow was surprised that a baby could even be raised in the apocalypse.

"Everyone, this is Arrow, the person I've been telling you about. My partner" Joel said happily.

"It's nice to finally meet you Arrow, Joel spoke a LOT about you" Ava laughed

"What!? N-No I didn't...not a lot.." Joel said embarrassed. Arrow laughed and looked at his colony.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you all, Joel's spoken about you guys too. You're his family, his home" They smiled

"You're half right" Joel said and looked at them.

"They're my family but you're my home" He said, getting a few 'awws' from his colony.

I’m alive because of the generosity of a few strangers (including the love of my life) and the kindness of a great dog.

My colony and I are headed to the mountains.
There’s supposed to be less monsters there.
And don’t get me wrong.
The surface is a dangerous place.
But I don’t think hiding underground is the answer anymore.
There is a great big, beautiful, inspiring world out there.
And I know you think it might be impossible, but it’s not.
If I can survive out here, anybody can.
It’s like a good friend once told me.
Good instincts are earned by making mistakes.
If you’re lucky enough to survive a few mistakes, you’re gonna do all right out here.
In this recording, you’ll find everything I know about our new world (and maybe a bit of a romance story).
Most of this I had to learn the hard way.
Hopefully, it’ll make your way a little easier.
So crank open that hatch.
Breathe some fresh air.
Go. Live your life.
It won’t be easy, but it’ll be worth it.
I traveled 85 miles to find what I had been missing below ground for seven years was right above my head this whole time and right in front of my face for seven days.
And it’s incredible.
Signing off,

Joel Dawson....and Arrow Mckenzie...yes I'm here too hello.

Oh actually, one last thing before this shuts off since Joel did most of the talking.
If you have someone. Maybe it's a relative or a friend or even someone you think you hate at first.
Stay with them.
Learn to love them.
I did.
It was the best choice I ever made.
It makes living so much nicer and a lot more fun.
Don't distance yourself too much or you'll end up like what I used to be.
Alone.
Sad.
And bored out of your mind.
Find someone like Joel.
Someone that makes you smile even when you feel like you shouldn't.
Someone you will love unconditionally, even if you don't want to.
Someone that you would drop the most important object of your life for.
Then you'll have a happy life.
Okay, I'm done.
Now go! Go outside! Find us in the mountains!
See you there guys!
This was Arrow, aka Bow and.
Signing off.

That was weirdly adorable, Arrow.

Shut up, Joel.

Oh my god you still roll your eyes at me!