Traitor

Well now Joel finally realised what a lot of people already knew.

He was in love with Arrow.

Joel sat back on his chair, thinking over his realisation.

"Joel? Are you still there?" Ray asked.

"Uh yeah. How is, uh… How is everything back there? Give me the update." Joel said, snapping out of his thoughts.

"Not good. We’ve had multiple breaches." He replied

"Multiple breaches? What do you mean? Is everyone okay?" Joel asked, concerned.

"Not really. I don’t think we can stay here much longer." Ray said, his voice becoming more faded. The radio was cutting off.

"We’re surviving for no-" The radio shut off.

"Hey, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Shit. Hello, guys, can you hear me?" Joel clicked every button he could touch, trying to get back in contact with his colony.

No luck.

"I gotta go back. What am I doing here?" Joel needed to go home. First, he had to find Arrow.

Joel closed up his notebook and turned to put it back in his bag. However, he noticed the berries that he was given by the captain. They were purple berries.

Joel recognised the berries, he flicked open his book and saw the page he wrote on purple berries.

In big block letters:

POISONOUS BERRIES

BOY SAYS NO

Cap was trying to kill him.

But why?

That's when Joel remembered Cap's story:

Giant lizard, two stories high, coming over the wall.

Then Joel remembered what Clyde had taught him:

The lizard-looking ones can’t climb for shit.

He was lying about everything. Aimee and her colony were in danger!

"Lying son of a bitch!" Joel said to himself before getting up and leaving the comms room.

Joel ran outside and saw that everyone was drunk off their asses. Aimee was stumbling around and smiled when she saw Joel approaching.

"Aimee!" He said and ran over to her.

"Joel! Hot, super ripped, super awesome Joely-Joely Dawson!" She giggled and grabbed his face, she squished it in her hand and laughed more.

"Aimee, please. This is super important. I need to talk to you about something. You have to get everyone out of here right now. Okay, I think something bad is about to happen. I’m telling you. I can feel it. This is a bad…have you seen Arrow?" He asked

"The one who loves you? No I haven't seen them" she said and stumbled a little. Joel grabbed onto her to keep her balanced.

"Damn....but anyway, I think he’s planning something. I don’t think he’s here to save you." Joel said, glazing past the comment Aimee made about Arrow loving him.

"Who?" She said and held onto Joel's shoulders.

"The yacht captain. He tried to poison me." He said and tried to get it into her mind that they might all be in danger of getting killed.

"Cap. Cap’s right there. He’s dancing." She pointed to Cap and started laughing.

"Listen, he gave me these poison berries, okay? And I know that the berries are poison because my dog told me." Joel said quickly, getting annoyed that aimee wasn't understanding it.