Stay With Me

For hours, on their way to Aimee's colony, Joel could not stop talking about if there were cute guys that could take Aimee away from him. It was annoying Arrow more and more.

"It's not something I have to worry about, right?-"

"Oh my god! Joel! I don't care about if Aimee might find one of the new rescuer guys attractive! I'm just trying to make sure we don't get killed, alright!?" They snapped at him. It was almost like they were back to how they were before they met him.

Joel fell silent.

"...I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. I'm just on edge, I guess" They said. Joel nodded.

"okay...its okay" He said, looking along the ground.

The atmosphere with the two was very awkward for a while. That was when Boy sprinted into an empty space.

"Boy! Get back here!" Arrow yelled, running after him, Joel following close behind.

The ground elevated behind them, the two turned to look at it. A big fin stuck out of the ground, causing fear to shoot through both of them.

"...Queen" Joel said softly, Arrow nodded in agreement.

Joel slowly started to kneel down to the ground.

"Joel. Joel what are you doing?" Arrow whispered.

Joel grabbed a dog toy, specifically, it was a squeaky hot dog. Once Joel had grabbed the toy, it squeaked, which grabbed the Queen Sandgobbler's attention. Joel closed his eyes and tossed the toy. It hit the ground with a squeak and the queen dived at the toy.

Joel and Arrow ran for dear life.

"Boy! Run, Boy!" Joel said as they were sprinting, Arrow began to fall behind.

"Joel!" They yelled and reached out for him, he grabbed their hand and pulled them down to when Boy was standing.

Boy ran to hide and Joel pulled Arrow to hide with them, they were both breathing pretty heavily. The moment the Queen came back, however, they made their breaths more shallow. Joel had to grab Boy's mouth to keep him quite. The Queen sandgobbler was massive, terrifying and very VERY menacing. It was getting closer to the trio, but keeping quiet meant that the Queen couldn't see them.

The Queen, slowly, backed away from them. Joel and Arrow's muscles relaxed.

"Thank god" Arrow whispered, leaning against Joel in relief. Joel's hand slowly moved around their waist, happy that they were both alive. The two smiled at each other.

"I'm really sorry about earlier, Joel, I really am" They whispered. Joel nodded and smiled

"It's alright" he nodded.

Boy looked over the two's shoulders and whined. Joel looked over and saw the red dress had fallen out of Joel's bag when he dropped his back off his back.

"No. Don't you dare" Joel said before Boy barked and ran over to the dress.

"Boy, no!" Arrow said as quietly as they could.

"Get back here" They said.

Boy ran to the dress, but the moment he did, the wind blew the dress into the river next to the trio. Boy dived into the river and grabbed the dress. That alerted the Queen Sandgobbler. Joel and Arrow sprinted to Boy, they needed to protect him.

Joel grabbed the hand grenade.
He knew how to kill the Queen.

Remember.

Count to five.