Part 2: Caves and Carvings

⬆️Did a screenshot redraw with my self insert. Kinda proud of it. 🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟
Update: changed her scrub top from navy blue to grey.
My illiterate ass keeps spelling my insert's last name wrong. I'm literally gonna cry💀
Ok for some reason the picture isn't showing up-
- 6/24/22

"You doing ok?" Lily asked Shiro.

"Yeah.. my heads a little scrambled but I'll..be fine" he replied. She nodded in understanding.

"He may not look like it, but Keith is super glad to have you back." She said before walking away.

"Wait," Shiro said, causing Lily to stop and turn around, "it's Lily, right? Lily Thaldycon?"

"Mhm."

"Yeah. I remember you. You and Keith were like two peas in a pod. Good to see you two still have each other." He said. She smiled then continued walking.

"How is he?" Keith asked, approaching her.

"Ask him yourself. You need more social interaction besides me" she teased.

"No I don't."

"Yes you do. Now go talk to your mentor. go! Move! Move!" Lily replied before continuing to walk towards the house. Lance stopped her as soon as she got to the porch.

"Well hello" he said in a flirtatious voice.

"..hi?" Lily replied.

"We may have gotten off on the wrong foot.. since you pulled a sword on me when we met. The name's Lance. And what name shall I call you, pretty lady?" He said.

"Lance stop flirting with Dr. Thaldycon!" Hunk said from inside the house.

"Doctor, you say? Well, I might have a sickness." Lance said, fake coughing and falling into Lily's arms.

"It can only be cured by a kiss." He said slyly, making her drop him on his ass and walk into the house.

"Is he always like that?" She asked Hunk and his friend.

"Unfortunately." His friend said.

"My name's Pidge by the way. I periodically watch your medical tapes, they're amazing! Dr. Thaldycon, You're a very talented surgeon! It's nice to meet you." Pidge said, holding his hand out.

"Nice to meet you too, Pidge. And, please, call me Lily." Lily smiled, shaking his hand.

*time skip*

"What have you been working on?" Shiro asked when Keith revealed his bulletin board of graphs and photographs of the lion carvings and this one particular spot in the canyons.

"I can't explain it really. After I was booted from the Garrison, I was kind of lost and found myself drawn out to this place. It's like some.. energy was telling me to search. Lily didn't believe me at first, but she soon started feeling that energy too." Keith explained.

"Searching for what?" Shiro asked.

"Well, I didn't really know at the time until I stumbled across this area not too long ago," Keith said, pointing at the map and photos of the carvings, "it's an out cropping of boulders with caves covered in these ancient markings. Each tells a slightly different story about a Blue Lion. They all share clues leading to some event, some arrival happening last night. Then you showed up."

"I should thank you all for getting me out," Shiro said, extending his robotic hand to Lance, "Lance, right?" Lance looked at Shiro's hand nervously before shaking it. He turned to Hunk and Pidge.