Part 6: Bittersweet Memories

⬆️ I felt that this music fits the chapter.

This is literally just Keith and Lily reminiscing on their childhood lmao.

This one may be kinda short.

CW: Lily's abandonment issues I guess.

Keith immediately blacked out when he got to his room that night. That fight took a lot out of everyone. However, he awoke in the middle of the night for seemingly no reason. He stayed, up just pondering life's questions for about an hour until the door to his room slid open. His vision was still blurry from waking up in the middle of the night, so he didn't know who entered his room until he saw two glowing yellow irises. Lily.

"Are you awake?" She asked, sitting on the foot of the bed.

"Yeah, I've been up." He replied.

"Are you ok?" He asked her.

"Yeah.. couldn't sleep." She responded, crawling to lay beside him.

"Me neither." He replied. The duo just laid there, staring at the ceiling and questioning everything that happened in the last 24 hours. All the sudden, Lily turned to her brother-figure.

"Do you think our parents knew each other?"

"Know," Keith corrected, wanting Lily to have hope, "we don't know if they're dead or not."

"Well, Let me just say this. It's kinda weird that they both left.. at the same time. Maybe they went off together and had some adulterous love child." She said.

"....is it my fault?" She asked.

"For what? I don't think you did anything wrong-" Keith replied.

"No, it's not that. Is it my fault that my dad left? Mom said he never said goodbye to her or even left a note. He just..left." She said.

"No, of course it's not your fault! You were just a baby. A baby couldn't do anything" he said.

"I existed."

"Lily Thaldycon!" Keith scolded.

"What?! Cocaine, it's true!" Lily said, using her long term nickname for Keith.

"I hate to admit, I think our parents are assholes for leaving us." She said.

"Don't worry, I feel a bit of resentment towards my mom as well." Keith replied. Another wave of comfortable silence fell over them, letting them dwell on their early childhood memories.

"Hey, you remember when we met? When we were both in daycare?" Keith asked out of the blue.

"How could I forget? You threw a Duplo Lego at me and called me a baby for crying for my dad." She laughed.

"'WaAaAh I wAnT mY dAdDy.'" Keith said, imitating a three year old, causing Lily to snicker.

"Thin ice, Cocaine." Lily laughed.

"Then you told the entire class I had cooties in pre-K." She added.

"OH. MY GOD" Keith exclaimed, the memory coming back to him.

"Yikes I was a little shit!" He laughed.

"Yeahhh so was I. Well, I wasn't mean, I just cried a lot. I was mostly anger-crying. Cuz, you know.. I cry when I'm mad" she replied.

"Like that time James Griffin snatched your math homework in 4th grade and took the credit for it and made you miss recess.." Keith recalled.

"That little prick! I remember that!" Lily gasped at the memory.

"I fought him on the playground for that! I gave him a major wedgie and he ran off, crying to the teacher." Keith laughed.

"So that's why you were suspended that one time.."

"Yep" he replied.

"Damn, if we ever see him again, I'm gonna slap him." She said.

"I'm gonna give him another wedgie." Keith replied.

"Oh my god- remember that time you stayed at my house when we were 7 and you threw up? Then you just stood in the doorway and said 'Keef I frew up' when I finally did wake up 15 minutes later." Keith reminisced.

"I was one of those kids?!"

"I mean, that afternoon, James and Ryan dared you to eat a handful of mud... and you did." He replied.

"Wow I forgot how dumb I was as a kid." She said plainly.

"You also fought him for stealing Nadia's glasses." He added.

"Now that is something I remember. He deserved that punch. Like- stop bothering the poor girl and let her do her work. Shit!" Lily exclaimed.

"I'm sure if I look hard enough, I can find pictures of us on our old elementary school's website." Lily said.

"Probably" he replied.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"I don't know. Probably like 4:30 AM in earth time." He replied.

"Ok, I'm getting up." She said, getting off of the bed and going back to her room to get dressed.

I wanted to do something funny with these two since they have known each other since their diaper days lmaoooo