08

THERE IS A BUZZ in the common room as Seokjin gently leads the exhausted Lucia in by the hand

THERE IS A BUZZ in the common room as Seokjin gently leads the exhausted Lucia in by the hand. A hush falls as the sisters' attention is directed to Lucia who quietly sits, beckoning Clover's little Shih Tzu over to her side.

"Lucia, how are you feeling, mija?" Clover smiles gently, picking up Luna and plopping her on Lucia's lap as she takes a seat next to her.

She grins, scratching behind the small dog's ear with a hum, "I'm feeling fine, how are you all doing this morning?"

"Quite dandy," Kal responds blandly, patting nonexistent dirt from the skirt of her wine red dress, making Lucia grimace.

"I don't need a lecture about how dangerous yesterday was. I know, I'm fine, everything is okay now. I'll stay in the palace for a while just in case, etcetera, etcetera," Lucia musters a shaky smile, hoping the redness in her eyes has faded a little since she's gotten ready.

"As long as you know that," Clover cuts Tova off before she can even begin her lecture and Lucia gives her hand an appreciative squeeze.

"Seokjin?" Tova seems to change direction realizing Clover and Lucia are both not going to let her start a lecture.

"Yes, Your Highness?" Seokjin is nothing short of wary as his posture straightens and Lucia now realizes with a shiver that Tova isn't talking, the crown princess is.

"I need you to be more alert, increase your guard when Lucia and you leave the palace walls. Yesterday is not to happen ever again, is that understood?"

"Yes, Your Highness," with a fist to his chest, right over Solaria's crest, Seokjin bows in acknowledgment, his expression tightening with what Lucia can only imagine being frustration with himself.

"If it's alright, I'd like to return to my room to rest," Lucia picks up Luna, handing the squirming pup to Clover.

"We'll talk more when you are ready," Verine offers with a soft smile that Lucia can only return before she whisks out of the room on shaking legs, Seokjin hurrying behind her in tow.

LUCIA ONLY WANTED a nap to catch up on some of the sleep she lost from crying. That was all she wanted.

Lucia quietly laments over her foolishness, unable to stop vivid reds and silvers from flashing across her mind, Tova's screams ringing in her head as the dream lingers longer than its welcome if it even ever got one.

Shivers of anxiety run down her spine to her toes and the only thought running through her mind is she needs to be somewhere safe, with someone safe. Lucia needs Seokjin.

Through blurry tears, Lucia fails to find Seokjin in her room and she supposes he left to let her rest while he went for a quick errand. Lucia quickly throws off her covers, slipping out of her bed with a loose, white silk nightgown, void of any fancy decorations or folds. Lucia barely registers the patter of her feet on the cold marble flooring as she wanders out of her room and towards the gardens, seeking a missing warmth.

Her heart sits in her throat as she wanders aimlessly through the palace and the gardens, tears still sitting heavy in her eyes, occasionally spilling over when she thinks she spots Seokjin only to realize it isn't him. Even as the sun shone brightly overhead, Lucia can not help but feel cold as she considers calling out for Seokjin, hoping that he will appear out of thin air if she did.

Lucia stops once she realizes she is in front of one of her favorite trees in the garden, and Ellie's least favorite much to Lucia's amusement. A wobbly smile finds its way onto her lips at the thought, and at the sight of all the bees happily buzzing around the flowering tree. She can only imagine Ellie's distaste and panic at the sight of so many little bees.

All Lucia wants is to be with Seokjin, and it just so happens to be one of the few times he isn't there. Settling under the tree, Lucia lets out a strangled sob, tears of overflowing frustration and loneliness spilling from her eyes as her walls crumble.

She doesn't know how long she sits there until she hears feet hitting the stone path faster than she ever could and she belatedly realizes someone is running towards her. It's only moments after she realizes that she hears her name being spoken gently despite coming between harsh breaths.

Looking up through the tears in her eyes, Lucia finally sees Seokjin for real, his usual loose slacks on and his uniform linen overcoat loosely hanging on his shoulders, the Solarian crest embroidered over his heart.

Seokjin falls to his knees, scooting closer to Lucia with cautious, concerned eyes. Lucia sags in relief nevertheless, Seokjin reaching and wrapping his arms around her quickly in a panic, not knowing why she slumped over so suddenly. Neither of them says a word as Seokjin pulls her closer, gentle hands patting her back as she lays in his arms.

"How'd you know where I was?" Lucia finally mutters after god knows how long.

"I ran to the common room first after not seeing you in your room. Tova happened to be there with Kalliste and Elena so I asked if she would know where you were."

Lucia hums in thought, not surprised her sister knew about her whereabouts since she is dutifully wearing the earrings Tova gifted her.

"Let's go back to your chambers, yeah? You aren't exactly dressed for a walk in the gardens, and we can't have any rumors about a certain runaway going mad spreading around the palace," Seokjin jokes, and Lucia snorts, silently getting up with him.

Seokjin says nothing as he removes his overcoat to drape it over Lucia with a faint dust of a blush covering his cheeks as Lucia giggles, thanking him as she tugs it closer to her with a smile that darkens Jin's blush. For someone that has fun teasing her so much, Jin gets embarrassed fairly easily, and Lucia grins at the thought.

"Don't tease me," Jin huffs with a pout when he spies Lucia opening her mouth with a devious grin.

"What? Me? Tease you? I would never."

"I've seen you with Rowan, don't think I'll fall for that so easily."

"Whoops?" Lucia grins, bumping her shoulder into Jin's to watch him stumble to the side with a giggle at his surprise.

Seokjin lets out an obviously exaggerated sigh as he smiles, shaking his head. "Oh, what am I ever to do with you?"

Lucia has to bite her tongue to stop herself from blurting out the first thing that comes to mind.

All you have to do is never stop loving me.

Now that it's been over a month-

I'M SORRY I SWEAR! It's just almost the end of the school year so I've had a lot of work and events to attend to first :DD And other college stuff I've been dutifully ignoring :)

buuut on the brighter side i have all the chapters uploaded and almost ready so the end is nigh