13

LUCIA FEELS FOOLISH for letting herself get away with not confessing to Seokjin for a second time

LUCIA FEELS FOOLISH for letting herself get away with not confessing to Seokjin for a second time. But every time she tries to scold herself for not being able to spill everything that she's feeling, she can hear Jin's giggles as he reassures her.

So she steels herself to finally say something, turning to Jin and catching his attention.

"Hey Jin," she starts, before combusting under Jin's gaze.

He laughs, "Yes, Lu?"

She internally screams at Jin's knowing smirk, unable to think straight under the made up pressure of his gaze. Jin, in that moment, appears to be able to pick apart her mind in an instant, probably thanks to her blushing and hesitancy. Lucia internally shivers, knowing she needs to blurt something out, she needs to blurt out the truth. She needs to tell him that she wants more.

"Can you teach me swordfighting," she finally blurts out before mentally facepalming as she realizes what she said.

Jin grins, "of course I can. Let's start now actually."

"Ah-" Lucia starts before laughing at herself. "Okay, let me find a change of clothes, sir knight."

"But of course, Princess Lucia."

Okay, so maybe Lucia is bad at being upfront with her feelings around Seokjin, or just in general. But at least she found something to do with Seokjin inside the palace walls, and she is sure Tova would approve of Lucia's decision for once. Ellie? That's another (possibly bigger) problem. After all, Lucia still hasn't outwardly confessed.

LUCIA WISHES SHE CONFESSED instead of blurting out swordfighting. Afterall, Lucia's arms are less than a swing or a block away from just falling off.

Her quick eyes luckily catch the motion of Jin's arms raising and she raises her own in turn, the crack of wood sounding in what is usually Tova's private practice area. Lucia is thinking in amazement about how she somehow managed to block the third hit in a row when Seokjin swings again, at a very not guarded angle. Lucia can't even react in time before the tip of the wooden sword rests at her hip.

"Well crap," Lucia sighs, dropping her own sword to her side.

"Hey, three blocks in a row, that's a new record at least," Jin gives Lucia a soft pat on the shoulder with a laugh.

"I see why you are Hoseok's best knight now. Wow," Lucia puffs out in between heavy breaths.

"I'm afraid to tell you this but, that's half strength Lu," Seokjin laughs as Lucia gawks in fear and awe.

"You simply aren't human," Lucia breathes out and Seokjin laughs even louder.

"Or you just haven't been practicing for half as long as I have."

"Oh details, details. I think I hit the nail on the head and you just don't want your secret exposed."

"Mhm, then will you keep my secret, darling?" Seokjin's expression shifts to something more dangerous, and Lucia implodes.

Turning into a fish suddenly, Lucia is unable to get a word out, and Seokjin's smirk deepens as his eyelids lower until his expression breaks and he breaks out into laughter.

"You can't blush any harder right now," his whole body shakes with euphoria while Lucia's tomato blush remains as she sputters.

"Jin! You can't just, just say that with that face and not expect anything different!"

"And why is that?" Jin grins in triumph as Lucia grasps at straws. Just as Lucia is going to blurt something out, a voice interrupts.

"Oh? This is an unusual arrangement."

Lucia and Jin's heads whip to the side to see Tova standing with a smile, her usual sword fighting vestments on and a sword tied to her side.

"Oh, Tova, uh, we were just-" Lucia fumbles, quickly returning to her tomato blush.

"Lucia asked if I could teach her sword fighting so I brought her here for some privacy," Seokjin cuts off Lucia's fumbling with a smile.

"Oh? Lucia, I didn't realize that after rejecting lessons for so long that you'd suddenly be so interested," Tova smiles with a mischief that makes her want to cry.

"Tova," Lucia groans as Seokjin gives her a curious side look.

"Or was that Ellie?" Tova hums in thought, clearly knowing the answer that many of her sisters had not taken lessons but not saying as much.

"Tova, please no, it was most of us please," Lucia whines at last and Seokjin and Tova laugh.

"I don't seem to recall that. Strange."

Lucia groans into her hands, wanting to just melt into the ground and never come back as the two laugh. But with just a peek at the sheer happiness born from teasing her warms her heart, stirring a flurry of butterflies through her stomach and in her veins. And embarrassed she may be, she is also happy and at home.

Lucia could never ask for more as she smacks Seokjin in retaliation.

Rapidly approaching the conclusion :o

You can tell cause the chapters are getting shorter whoops-