Chapter 7: Challenge Accepted

"Well, i don't know what Mumbo's on"
Grian jokingly tosses a second cookie he found it the chest while munching on the first. "Is there a bed somewhere?" You questioned, taking a bite of the cookie, before hearing a faint scream plummeting towards the two of you. Then hearing a loud thud from behind.

People say there are two responses when you are in shock. Fight, or flight.
You'd think that both of you are fighters. But no, you two jumped into the air clamming onto each other, fleeing from the sound. Only to notice that it was just Mumbo who landed in the bushes.
"I-initiation" he managed to groan out while crawling out of the bushes. This caused you and Grian to look at each other for a moment, just to realize how close the two of you were, Grian holding his arms around you protectively. The two of you hastily scrambled apart missing his warm embrace almost immediately. Ignoring your racing thoughts, you focused your attention onto Mumbo, who seemed extremely pumped for some reason.

"INITIATION!"
"Wha- what are you talking about?"
This seemed to excite Mumbo even more.
"HERMIT CHALLENGES! INITIATION!" Mumbo exclaimed, more excited then ever. "What eve-" "What even is that??!" Grian jumped up, seems like he forgot you were here for a second. Mumbo went on to slay a few mobs while Grian questioned his lives decisions.
"Care to explain" you said while watching Mumbo bounce all over the place.
"I SHALL, INITIATION, I SHALL!"
You and Grian watched as Mumbo proudly exclaimed.
"HERMIT CHALLENGES!"
"W-we get that part, but what is it?"
Grian pressed the button on the dispenser for the 3/4rd time shooting an arrow at the bell.
"Sleep? :D"
Maybe that's a good idea...

After sleeping the three of you stood in a triangular shape, you hoped to get some sort of explanation out of this"
"You're in dude!" Mumbo said with a jolly tone, he aimed the comment towards Grian which confused him even more.
"Mumbo can you please explain?" "You're in dude! Well done!" "IN WHAT?!" "You initia- you initiated perfectly! You rang the bell, set fire to the thing and eaten- both cookies actually!"
"You super-initiated!" You said jokingly, gaining a concerned looked from Grian and a proud one from Mumbo.
"I like how you just gave Grian a sapling and everything went perfect."
"Well what do you expect, he gave me a sapling with coördinates and two cookies, what do ya think happens?
"Well yea, i knew that if i put some buttons on some things and some cookies, you'd get there! Y'know, Hermit challenges!"
"So i won the challenge?" "N-no the challenges just begun my friend and seeing that you both ate a the cookie you can't really leave-"

♠️♥️time skip presented by my creativity block🤌♣️♦️

After the challenges were decided, Grian being "upset" by his, you and him went on your way back. Mumbo didn't explain his but you did notice Grian giving him a playful smirk.
"I'm genuinely not sure what just happened..." you chuckled at him, "well, what i got out of this is that you got to steal doors for this season and i have to start a shop for clocks??" He chuckled "Well atleast Bdubs will appreciate the shop, no one likes a door stealer" "maybe Scar truly is a wizard."
Grian looked at you with a confused look, you snickered "He predicted your future career as a bandit"
"I- hm, fair, either way i'm faced with a choice, i either steal everyones door, and hide it.-" "For the rest of the season" you added, "-for the rest of the season" he chuckled continuing his sentence. "Or, i don't, orr i don't." You jokingly stared at him in a disappointed way, before he ran off into the distance, at first you tried to follow him, but the bamboo blocked your path. So you decided to just, go home.

When you arrived at your treehouse you noticed one, tiny, detail missing about it. The door.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey everyone, Author here, I am so sorry for not updating. School has been stressful and I have the BIGGEST creative block (writing, sketching, Painting, editing, etc.)
I promise I am trying to update, I just want it to be proper quality for you guys :')