Truancy

I should be in school right now but I'm not, I'm skipping it and I've driven to a shopping centre that I go on the weekends occasionally called Epping Plaza. I waste some money on clothes just so I'm not wearing my school uniform. I just couldn't take it there anymore; my favorite teacher wasn't there today to help me calm down because the other kids were given me the shits. After using the change rooms in Big W, I stuff my uniform in my bag and exit the shop. I'm sure when I go back to school on the weekend, I'll be coping an earful from my year level coordinator and my adoptive parents, they do mean well for me and do their best to take care of me and I love them for it but sometimes they just don't get me and can't help me in the way that I need but I still love them just the same and appreciate what they do for me, my biological parents on the other hand...what I can remember of them is that my father was cold and distant and my mother just one day just left with my other siblings and I don't know where they are and I don't care, my biological father had just dropped me off one day at child services and I haven't seen him since that day which brings me to say that I also wasn't born in this country, I was born in Oxford England, I was there up till I was thirteen years old and I only had one friend there, she was a couple of years olde than me, it was a girl called Florence, I haven't seen her since and her last name escapes me, if only I could remember her name I could search it up and I could reconnect with her.

***

I'm stopped in my tracks when I see a little girl who seems to be lost and has tears rolling down her cheeks, she must have lost her parents. I decide to go and help her, something in me just couldn't let her be like this all by herself, because I would feel guilty knowing if something happened to her when I just left her alone I would feel guilty, that and I want to give the help to someone that wasn't given to me all too much after my mother had left me with my biological dad before she left me with him.

"Hey there, anything I can do to help?" I ask her. She turns to look at me and I crouch down to her level.

"I-I-I lost my m-mommy." She sobs out.

"Well, how about I take you to the people that can tell your mommy where you are and she can come get you, and I'll stay with you until your mommy comes to get you. How does that sound?" I reply. I stand up and hold out my hand for her to grab and she clutches it tight, and I lead her to where the information desk is.

"Excuse me mam." I say announcing ourselves to the concierge.

"Hello, how may I help you?' the woman asks me.

"My name is Y/N and I've come across a little girl; she's lost her parents." I tell the woman. "What's your name?" I then ask her.

"My name is Rose...Rose Dauriac." Rose says. She is calmer now which is good. The woman behind the desk makes the call for the girl's mother to come to where we are, and we sit down at the seats just across from the desk while we wait for Rose's mother.

"Mama!" I watch Rose rush to her mother I stand up and when I catch a good look of her mother I just about freeze in my tracks. Her mother is Scarlett freaking Johansson. I must've been zoned out because suddenly the older woman was standing in front of me looking so grateful and there's evidence of tears of course.

"You have no idea how grateful I am for looking out for my kid." Scarlett tells me with a huge smile adorning her very beautiful face.

"Well...it's no problem...none at all." I say shyly. I somehow manage to keep my gaze on her. I then look down, not at her chest but th ground due to how shy I can be. I then feel a finger on my chin, it pushes against me forcing me to look at Scarlett, she then pulls me into a hug I feel my face heating up due to my idol hugging me and I finally manage to hug her bag with my arms around her waist as I'm just taking in what the hell is happening right now. After pulling away I feel my face flush and feel the heat of shyness emanating.