The Interview

A/N: just letting you all know that I'm not following MCU lore after Civil War and obviously the era of FNAF is changed to suit this Alternate Universe and changing bits of canon.

When I heard the cries of the kid it wasn't my concern, I'm not allowed to tell kids of for crying but when I see the kids putting the child in Fredbear's mouth I knew I had to intervene.

"HEY STOP! SOMEBODY COME HELP ME!" I shout, hoping that one of my work mates will come to help me. i see someone rush as all attention is focused on us. I place my elbows on Fredbear's lower jaw and bend my arms into a right angle and push up against the jaw, I watch my workmate grab the girl out of Fredbear's mouth. I feel a sudden sharp pain and my eyes widen, I look back at Fredbear and see his mouth has shut...with my arms still in his mouth, only now do I register the pain I am feeling, and I stumble back, and I hear tearing flesh and I look in horror at where my arms used to me. I turn around and look at my coworker. 

"Oh fuck! SOMEONE CALL 911!" it's the last thing I hear along with screams as my vision fades to black as I fall forwards into the arms of my coworker.

I sit right up as soon as I wake up, although it has been five years since I lost my arms to Fredbear it still doesn't fail to wake me up in a sweat every time I have that dream. I place my head in my hands as I wipe the built-up perspiration from my forehead. Well, I know I won't be going to sleep anytime soon, not after that kind of dream, so of course I decide to get dressed and head out for an early morning walk to clear my head. I of course don't live in Hurricane anymore, I live in New York City, I was advised against it by my old work mates considering how I was targeted my many villainous attacks and I told them not to worry and that I'll be fine. I also had one other friend back in Hurricane, well she didn't live there but she was well of enough to come and visit me multiple times throughout the year, but recently I had never heard from her as much and I find myself what she is up to these days, her name is Kate Bishop I'm pretty sure, I can't remember how we had met, sometimes I don't have the best memory and that can cause me to take a couple of minutes to remember important things like Kate's name, sometimes I find myself trying to remember who she is, maybe it's because I hadn't seen her for so long, I've tried contacting her through social media and I don't think she's remembered me because she has never replied to anyone of my messages, no matter how many times I've tried to get her to remember and it saddens me and it hurts a lot to know that she does not remember me despite me remembering her despite my memory problems, I've been told I  had hit my head nastily when I had blacked out after my arms had been ripped off.

I haven't even realized I had stopped in front of Avengers Tower until I had looked up. Thoughts run through my head. I knew she would be living there since she is the protégé of Clint Barton, but is she there now and would I dare try to talk to her in person, I had all but given up on the idea when I realized she didn't remember me, do I try again? What if I am more messed up in the head than I though and I'm mistaking Kate Bishop for someone else? What if there is something the doctors have missed that is causing me to mistake her for someone else that could look like her. I look at the entrance of the tower and I see a sign for an engineering job...then something came to mind. If I could get that position and somehow get to Kate, I could talk to her, get her to remember me and how we were once friends and hopefully reignite that friendship. It's an extreme step but it's something I am willing to do.

***

I had to wait but here I am sitting and waiting for my meeting, I had been one of those shortlisted to come, my experience at repairing the animatronics seemed to interest them a lot at Stark Industries, though considering two spies and a billionaire genius lives at the Tower I felt it wasn't too wise to continue using the name of Y/N Alastair, while Y/N is my real name, Alastair isn't, it's Afton, I have of coursed stopped using the last name Afton after finding out what my father had done, thinking about it, could that be the reason why she doesn't respond to me as she realizes who I really am, for when I met Kate I had stopped using my real last name wherever possible for people not to judge me for what my father had done to all those children, because if she attempted to find my he last name I had given her would not have led her to anything, she would have eventually found out my real last name had she tried to contact me, if that is the case then it is my fault our friendship has fallen apart, and I would not blame her at all. A hand is waving in front of me, and I am snapped out of a stupor I didn't even realize I was in. I look up at the person. It's one of the receptionists.