Chapter 36

"Archer? You work here?"

"Master? What a surprise. I would have never thought a kid like you would enter the bar room." Archer put down a glass as he looked at Ritsuka.

"You really can do everything huh?"

"I wouldn't say everything. I can only do a limited amount of things myself."

"Really? Is that so?" Chuckled Ritsuka who sat down gently on the stool.

"You're not getting alcohol." Archer commented.

"I didn't even say anything!" Ritsuka said with dejection. "Even so, I wasn't gonna ask for alcohol."

"... You're a good kid." Archer whispered with a smile, he poured water into a glass cup and placed it down for his Master. "Refreshment?"

"Thanks." Ritsuka smiled. "You really are like a mom huh?"

"..." Archer grumbled angrily at the statement. Causing Ritsuka to chuckle at the reaction of the man.

"Life sure is tiring huh?" Ritsuka asked as he sipped from his cup, smiling at the refreshing liquid, hydration is important after all. Make sure to get a good amount of water every day!

"Hmm. That is the way life goes." Smiled the older man. "I take it today was exhausting?"

"Oh man, tell me about it. Da Vinci needed a few extra pairs of hands and she decided to have me help out. Let's just say it was quite tiring with the task." Ritsuka frowned.

"Always willing to help, that's just like of you, Master." Archer said with a sigh. He wasn't disappointed or angry! It's just his way to express himself to Ritsuka.

"When someone needs help, I always try my best!" Ritsuka said with a smile.

"..." Archer remained quiet for a bit. "Yes, I suppose that is like you." He looked at Ritsuka from the corner of his eye. "Just try not to burn yourself out... Take care of yourself. You matter..."

"Um... Thanks?" Ritsuka looked puzzled at the words. He smiled nonetheless at Archer. "I'll keep that in mind, Archer." He got up and was ready to leave after finishing his glass of water.

"You can always talk to me. Or to anyone else, you know?" Archer asked. "Always remember that."

"Um... Okay?" Ritsuka asked confused, scratching his head as he walked out of the bar. What was he doing there again? Oh! Right! He was looking for Dantes! But it seems like the Avenger wasn't there.

"... What a good kid." Archer smiled. Although what he said was awkward and out of the ordinary... He's just making sure to check upon him. This whole saving humanity thing is quite heavy after all. He's just making sure the boy remembers that he can always express himself to him or anyone else.

...

But deep down he knew, that he was Projecting himself as he looked at Ritsuka.

Sigh

It's hard not to be bitter. But hey, give him a break... He's been through enough as it is.

"Emiya-Senpai are you in here?"

Duck

Lily looked inside the bar room and found only Robin Hood smoking and Hector drinking, those were the only two who were in the bar during this time.

"Oh... I guess he's not here..." Lily let out a frown as her tone dropped drastically. Her fingers went up to her mouth. "What a shame..." She walked away.

"..." Archer shakily got up after hiding underneath the bar counter. Sweating as Robin Hood and Hector stared at him. "I created a monster..." He whispered.

"?" Both Servants raised a brow in confusion, even question marks grew on top of their heads at what Archer meant.

"A force not to be reckoned with... Why must these hands taint everything... It even tainted the pure soul known as Lily..." Archer continued rambling. "The only way to stop tainting things is by cutting my hands off..."

"..." Both Servants only chuckled awkwardly, concerned for their fellow ally. Not knowing if he's joking around or not.

"Even so... I don't think I've ever disliked dessert until Lily began to continue making me test her cooking." The head chef, disliking dessert? Food? Impossible.

Has the world gone mad?!

"I blame the cooking staff for helping her!" Yelled the Bowman. 

-~-

"Gate of Hetairoi Works!"

"Haha! I like the sound of that young King of Heroes! What do you think, Archer?"

"Frankly, I think this is stupid in general."

"Don't be like that Archer. With our Noble Phantasms combined, don't we create the perfect team?"

"Have faith, Bowman! For the three of us, the trio of destructive power! Have created the world's best army!"

"YEAH!" Roars erupted from Iskandar's army of soldiers. With Iskandar's Noble Phantasm, his army where the enemy gets dragged into the desert. His army was huge, and then Archer used his Reality Marble and overwritten the King of Conquerors' world with his own. Allowing his hill of swords to appear. The army held Noble Phantasm that were supplied by Archer's world. And Gilgamesh (Child) used his Gate of Babylon to top it off. Countless blades storm down from Gilgamesh (Child's) arsenal.

Archer used his blades that rose in the air, a sigh escaped his lips as he commanded downward with his hand like the young Archer standing in front of him. And Iskandar behind the both of them with his arms raised in the air, laughter escaped the man as he ordered his army to charge, with Noble Phantasms at hand that were grabbed from the world of infinite blades.

Charge at who exactly?

Nobody...

This was merely practice you see. The Reality Marble broke down, and Iskandar's army disappeared as well. Gilgamesh (Child) closed the portals behind him as they were back in the simulation room.

"Great work team! The more we practice, the better we'll be in synchronization!" Iskandar said. "Truly, Gate of Hetairoi Works is going smoothly!" Grinned the Rider.

"Hehe~ This is pretty fun. Combining our Noble Phantasms all together is quite amazing. With an army of your finest soldiers, King of Conquerors, my Gate of Babylon that harbors every treasure, and Archer's world of infinite creation of swords... All three create quite the deadly match-up." Grinned the young King of Heroes.

"... Sigh At least you two are having fun." Archer crossed his arms.

"Come now Archer, surely you must have felt some joy and fun in this little combination of ours?!" Grinned Iskandar.

"..." Archer went quiet at the man, though he chuckled a bit. "It... It was kind of cool..."

"Hehe~" Gilgamesh (Child) and Iskandar grinned.

'Gate of Hetairoi Works huh?' Thought Archer at the combined name of Gate of Babylon, Ionioi Hetairoi, and Unlimited Blade Works. He smiled at the name.

Honestly... It doesn't sound too bad. A bit wordy yeah. But that doesn't really matter much.

Combining Noble Phantasms is quite badass.

-~-

Word Count: 1,120