The Beginning

Today was like any other day i was just heading down the mountain to sell charcoal. We weren't  poor but we weren't rich either, but we were happy and content with how our lives were. Little did i know this would be the last time i would see my family alive.

"Tanjiro are you sure you have to sell charcoal today. The weather is pretty getting worse it could be dangerous." Kie(Tanjiro's mom) said her face showing concern for her oldest.

" It's okay mom i'll be fine. As the oldest i have to provide and protect the family." Tanjiro said with maturity.

"I know i just wish you didn't have to work yourself so much for our sake." Kie said touching her sons cheek with motherly affection(didn't want any mix ups💀)

"Mom really it's fine i'd do anything for you guys you're my family. I love you all too much to do nothing." Tanjiro said giving her his reasons for working so much.

Tanjiro walks up to his mother and hugs her, hoping to lessen her worries. He was the oldest son, he had to work to provide for his family after his fathers passing.

After hugging and reassuring his mother he let go and now was gonna get back at it.  

" I should get going now though. Tell others to be safe while i'm gone." He said to his mother.

Tanjiro waves goodbye to his mom and looks at his home one last time before finally heading out.

......................................................

"i swear i did't do it was the cat!" Villager boy said

"Don't lie to me boy i know it was you!" The women said menacingly with a pan in her hand.

" What seems to be the problem here?" Tanjiro said wondering what was going on. I mean it wasn't everyday you see a full grown women threatening a boy with a pan.

"She's accusing me of breaking her pot but it was the cat! Please Tanjiro you have to help me!" The boy said pleading for his help.

"Alright i'll see what i can do." Tanjiro said as he took a deep breath through his nose trying to pick up a scent. "Well as turns out it was the cat." He said

"See I told you!" Ths boy said crying anime tears"

Now that that's done i wonder if anyone needs charcoal.

SCENE CHANGE

Today was a good day, i even made enough money to last us a couple days.

"is that you tanjiro?" Old Saburo said

"Yeah i was just making my way up home after some work in the village." He said

"You better not, it's dangerous out at night." Saburo said

But-

"Don't argue! Come on!

Tanjiro makes his way inside  and is served dinner

"Thank you for the food." He said

Tanjiro finishes up eating and ask a question.
" Saburo-san what are demons like?" He said questioning

"Demons are evil beings that feed on humans and do not know sympathy. That is why demon slayers protect us they fight and slay demons so us normal folk dont't have to worry at night. Thats why you shouldn't be out at night." Saburo said 

"So if i'm inside they can't get you?" He asked

"No they can still enter and eat you while you're sleeping but it's safer. Now thats enough questions get some rest now." The oldman said.

"Alright goodnight." are demons really real? Saburo is right i should just get some rest for now"

SCENE CHANGE

3rd person pov:

Tanjiro after thanking Saburo leaves and goes up the mountain but it's quiet usually his siblings would be waiting for him they aren't here though?

Maybe there sleeping.

After making his way farther
up it the scent hits him

That smell it's blood!

Tanjiro runs up the hill to his home and opens the door only to find the corpses of his family. The color red staining every wall and the floor littered with pieces of spilled pieces of organs. Traumatized by the sight Tanjiro's mind goes into overdrive.

Even with blood and injuries all over their bodies he checks their pulses. He just had to be sure even if the answer was as clear as day.

how could this happen! Everyone was fine just a couple of hours ago, alive and well. What could have done this? Was it a bear attack?

He finally makes his way to Nezuko who was holding Rokuto their youngest sibling. The sight was sickening with the all the blood that stained them. He lowered to the ground and felt for a heart beat.

A pulse! It's faint but it's something. I have to get her to a doctor fast! Don't worry Nezuko i'll get you to doctor i'll save you!!