Part 2.6

Tobio felt guilty throughout the whole exchange with the king of Shiratorizawa. He couldn't help it. It was his in-game father who cut his arm. And he seemed to be in pain, even if he kept a stoic expression on.

"Please! All we want to do is help you save your kingdom. All kingdoms."

Kenma said. Tobio looked up when he felt Hinata holding his hand.

"It wasn't your fault."

Hinata whispered. Tobio smiled slightly, tangling their fingers together.

I could get used to this...

"Let's say that I do give you our stone. How are you planning to get Seijoh's stone?"

Everyone was silent. Kenma's eyes screamed a panicked 'I haven't thought this far!'. Hinata seemed to be panicking a bit as well.

Tobio let his hand go and reached into his pocket, pulling out a cyan gemstone.

"YOU HAD THE STONE THIS WHOLE TIME?!"

Hinata screamed. Kageyama stared at him.

"Boke! Hinata Boke! Stop screaming!! And I already told you I had it!!"

He shouted back.

"Oh, right. Haha, I knew that..."

You clearly didn't.
Tobio sighed. The King's husband laughed, and the king turned to watch him with a lovestruck smile.

"I suddenly miss hanging out with our friends... even Tsukki."

Hinata whispered, making Tobio giggle.

"What do you think, dearest?"

The king asked his husband.

"I can see Sakusa-San and Atsumu-San acting like this in a few years."

Tobio whispered, making the ginger bite his lip to not laugh, while they turned to face the redhead standing next to the king.

"Whether we give them our stone or not, we're still going to be in danger. Give them the stone, love. That way we might actually survive."

Kenma and Tobio cheered internally, while watching Hinata cheer externally and repeatedly thanking the royal couple.

Tobio cracked a smile. He looks so cute when excited... he frowned. No, stop that! He's your best friend!

Nothing more.

"Very well then... I trust you with our stone. Do not fail me."

The king said, making Tobio snap out of his thoughts.

"We won't. We promise."

Kenma responded. The three bowed and started leaving, Hinata taking Tobio's hand. Tobio blushed slightly but let it happen. He smiled.

I think I like him...