Ch 2.6

"Are you alright?" is the first thing that he asks her

Unlike what she would've done or what she has been doing, she unexpectedly shakes her head slightly as a 'no' to his question

His eyes suddenly fixes on hers and his breath stops for a moment, which he for sure, doesn't realise at all. Right, he was taken aback. He expected her to snap at him saying she was alright or ask him to stop questioning her, but he was also glad that she was rather honest this time. He could sense something was wrong from the beginning, and the moment she proved him right without even saying anything, he felt that it might be the start of her opening up to him. But he could also feel a sense of pain thinking what did she exactly went through for her to accept her own emotions infront of him.

Her eyes widened, as if she just realised something she did that shouldn't have been done. She quickly fixes her expression and tries to walk past him.

Upon seeing her trying to put on a tough side infront of him again, he grabs her wrist, "where are you going?"

She eyes his hand on her wrist, " I don't seem to find the need to infrom you that" she jerks his hand from her and exits the lobby

There she goes again, proving Jungkook wrong about what he expected from her. Jungkook sighs and catches up to her and to his surprise, finds her talking to someone on the phone

She didn't care about his presence and continues the conversation, " I've taken care of him and I'll be handing over his phone to you. Are you in your office?"

"yes, I am. What about his apartment? you didn't get in?" The person on the other line asks

Jungkook couldn't hear what the person on the other line was saying, but he could picture the situation through what she was saying

"I couldn't, I'll text you the details since I ran into a troublemaker here " She eyes Jungkook

Jungkook points at himself and mouths a 'me?'

"fine, my team will be going there.How long will he remain unconscious?" the person on the other line asks another question

"for an hour, so please hurry up. I'll hang up now"

"wait!" the other person stops her

"yes?" she questions

"you're not hurt, are you? Also, I know you did this because of your own reasons which you didn't tell me yet, but thanks. It became easier for us to catch him with your help"

" I'm fine...thank you too" she quickly hangs up

as soon as she ends her call, Jungkook asks, "who was it?"

" Hae Ryung eonnie's mom" she answeres

" thenㅡwill you care to explain the situation to me? You see, I even called Hae Ryung noona and it was video call as I wanted her to identify the guy who was with you"

"YOU DID WHAT?" Chaeyin shouts at him

"calm down, you wanna grab everyone's attention on you? Lets first go home" He gives Chaeyin a look of concern

"I've to go and hand over the phone, you didn't hear that?"

"right! I did..lets take aㅡ"

"no, I'm going there alone" she says sensing what he was going to say

"Butㅡ" his words gets cut off again as his phone rings. An unknown number is displayed.

☜☆☞

[Meanwhile, Naeil Group]

A man sits on the grand chair while rubbing his temple.

The secretary stands in front of the man and lowers his head, shaking a bit as he could feel that the CEO is furious again.

The man suddenly stands up and bangs his hands on the table so hard that the nameplate falls on the ground. " S&B Enterprises again! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?"

The secretary quickly picks up the desk nameplate and dusts off the part where CEO Jeon Hae Jin is present

"Even after the death of their only child, they have the audacity to challenge me?!!" The man glares at his secretary "is she even dead?"

The secretary calmly places the name plate on the desk "they don't really know who was behind their daughter's death. They're just that great at doing what they're best at ㅡbusiness"

His words irritates the CEO even more "What they're best at?" he grabs his secratary's collar "so you're looking down on the company you work for? you're looking down on me?"

"I'm not" the secretary regains his confidence and looks straight at his owner's eyes " and you've seen the dead body yourself, haven't you?"

The CEO loosens his grip on his secretary's collar "right, she's dead. But then why aren't they announcing it to the world yet? Months before she died, they suddenly announced the world that they have a daughter who's studying abroad"

The CEO lets go of the collar, "but I knew it wasn't true. Wasn't it you, Secretary Hwang, who found her and killed her through some minions?"

" I just followed your orders, sir"

"then go and find out the reason they let the world know the existence of their daughter but didn't let a fly know of her death" He finally sits in his chair " let me see why I chose you, prove yourself again, secretary Hwang"

The secretary bows to the man in front of him and quietly leaves

☜☆☞

Jungkook picks up the call and its Hae Ryung

"yah, you better save my number, I know you didn't. Plus did you meet Chaeyin? Where is she? Is she with you? Is she alright?"

Chaeyin signals him to put the phone on speaker and he does.

" I'll save it after this call and I met her...She's alright and she's not with me at the moment" Jungkook answers her questions looking at Chaeyin

"what about the guy? why was he with her?" Hae Ryung sounded furious

Chaeyin gestures him and according to that he says, " ran into him? right! she just ran into him and she didn't know he was a criminal..."

Chaeyin kept on making some hand movements and he could understand it to some extent to her surprise. He continues, " drink? cut? reject? oh right! he offered her a drink and she rejected it and went away, thats it"

" you sound kinda off, but anyways, why was she there in the first place?" Hae Ryung asks

"no?" He looks at Chaeyin " that I couldn't ask her, she already went home"

Chaeyin facepalms as he guessed it wrong this time.

"You can ask her later. Right! what about Jimin hyung?"

" I got the keys and drove his car, now he's with me. He's wasted just as you said"

" thats good"

"whats good?" Hae Ryung questions, but he hangs up on her

"I'll call a taxi, you can go first" Chaeyin says

"lets go together" Jungkook suggests again

Chaeyin rolls her eyes and starts walking off to the opposite direction alone. She shouts, "YOU BETTER STAY AWAY OR I'M NOT GOING HOME"

Jungkook was about to follow her, but stopped. "fine, if thats what she wants. why should I bother anyways?"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✄

[Edited, no error]