Ch 3

2 YEARS BACK ㅡ 2/2

The Horrible Past

I remember gathering my last bit of courage to jump off the window, thankfully I landed on soft grass. When I saw him about to jump as well, I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I realised I was actually a fast runner, which helped me escape from his sight. I still ran and only stopped when a headlight of a car flashed on my face. The next moment I opened my eyes, I was here, under the unfamiliar white ceiling.

"oh-omo! my daughter! honey, she's awake"

I could see mom, wiping her tears. I could see dad, not much interested in me, why though?

" eonnie.." I uttered

mom caresses my cheeks, " your eonnie...she.." her tears start welling up in her eyes again

"she already knows" dad says sternly. He comes up to me, "you only thought of saving yourself, didn't you?"

what's wrong with dad?

"honey, how can you say that? she had no choice, she's hurt,too"

" tsk.you just ran away like a loser, huh?"

Yes, I did. I wouldn't do so if I wasn't terrified " what about you? did you call the police?"

"what? what did you say? now you know how to talk back to me?"

" so you didn't..." he should've reported the police about us missing for a long time, then maybe...maybe eonnie could be saved

dad suddenly grabs my collar, " yah! consider yourself lucky that you're alive and live in guilt forever doing whatever we order you to"

"honey, its not her fault" mom hold his hand

He isn't wrong though...

" you're not even ourㅡ"

" honey, stop!" mom shouts out before he could complete his sentence, she then starts crying " please, I also wanted you to call the police for my daughter, but I stayed quiet when you told me to, so when I'm telling you, please don't fight with the only daughter we're left with"

" you realise its all because of her or not? I can't create drama by calling police. I've lost my daughter, I'm in pain too but I know what to do and how to handle the situation. Whatif they come for you or me, next ? cause this girl is so annoyingly lucky that she's gonna be alive no matter what when she should've died"

I felt like he spoke the right thing again. Why did I have to survive? What will I do now? Eonnie can't leave us...thats right...maybe...maybe she is still alive

"mom..."

"yes? should I call the nurse?" mom asks

" eonnie is actually alive, right?"

mom puts her hand over her mouth and closes her eyes as tears drop, "Chaeyin-ah....I'll call the nurse"

"you're still up for a drama?" dad looks at me with eyes filled with vengeance

"honey, lets go and call the nurse"

" you do that,I've got to take care of some stuff" dad storms off of the room

☜☆☞

"can you tell me who brought me here?" I asked the nurse