Ch 3.1

Chaeyin comes out of the office after handing over the phone. To her surprise, a familiar car was parked infront of the entrance. She walked up to the car and she could see who was inside. She sighs and tries to call a taxi instead.

But the door of the car opens. She steps back as the person comes out of the car. She asks, "didn't I tell you to go first?"

"I went, but came back" Jungkook answers

"and why?"

Jungkook comes closer to Chaeyin while she backs away unconsciously

"you better stop being stubborn, you'll break out this way and no one would be there by your side" Jungkook says with a weighty look this time

It took her a moment to compose herself and snap back, " but who are you to comment on it?" She snorted in derision, "why do you even care? I have enough valid reasons to be stubborn or whatever you wanna call it, but what about you? what is your purpose of poking your nose into others' matters?"

"its not that I'm pokingㅡ"

"YES, YOU ARE! no one is by my side anyways, and so I never wanted anyone to be by my side. I can handle my matters alone and you should refrain from prying" She says cutting his words off

He, for the first time, remains silent as he questions himself. Why is he doing whatever he's doing? She's actually not wrong. His mind sets on a point that it might be him, who's the wrong one here.

He sees her calling a taxi. This time,he lets her do so. Yet he didn't leave, he stood there, looking at her. She looks back at him and sighs, "will you please stop staring?"

He diverts his eyes on something else..well...the ground, or the tress.

The taxi arrives and in that moment he runs up to her. She eyes him, "what is it again?"

"see, I'm glad you safely reached your destination, but you know....its quite late in the night and...and since we're going the same way, we can go together" Jungkook is back at it again

"can't you see the taxi is waiting for me?"

" oh right" he goes up to the driver and tells him to go as he apologizes

"yah!" Chaeyin shouts out "are you playing around?"

" You asked me the reason, right?" He tries a calm approach this time "its because I'd do the same for anyone"

"oh really? even if they refuse your help several times?"

"yes, even if they do so"

" well, Mr.Jeon Jungkook, then thats not called helping at all if the other person genuinely wants no help"

"what if I wanna help genuinely as well?"

"that'd mean you're putting yourself first in the name of helping others just cuz you're curious or you like interfering"

He smiles, to her surprise. " its quite ridiculous the way you can refute each of my argument every time, and its amusing, too"

She didn't expect him to change the topic this way.

"I'm really sorry for what I said to you earlier, I didn't mean that, I was just concerned" Jungkook gives the impression of being truly apologetic