𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 5

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 5:
𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙑𝘼𝙈𝙋𝙄𝙍𝙀 𝙃𝙀𝙇𝙋𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙆𝙄𝘿?

"Seth!"

At the call of his name, Seth's face lights up seeing a middle aged couple come running out of their rusted up truck and towards him.

Seth's parents.

Annie sees the glare she's receiving from the parents, the mother in particular, her eyes finding Carlisle's as he speeds in right behind them.

"Mom!" The boy shouts out happily to his mother, trying to get to his feet only to halt at the sharp pain that shot up his leg once he let it touch the floor. He had forgotten about that, his talk with Annie took his mind off of it.

At his cry Annie is quick to act, the concern on her face making Carlisle narrow his eyes In confusion; he'd never seen Annie look so protective over another that wasn't...Esme. You'd find she'd usually keep to herself and let things go their own ways unless it was to do with someone hurting Esme or if she needed help. Carlisle suspected it was something to do with the way she saw her as a mother, he often wondered what their relationship would be like had she saw him as her father too but he could never really find out why she didn't. Edward told him that it could be the age difference but it wouldnt make sense with Esme being significantly younger than the both of them.

It would've been nice to have another daughter but he was fine with the relationship they had now.

"Here let me help you" she swiftly pulls him up to his feet, holding up his weight so that he didn't have to fully lower his foot to the ground. He grips onto her arm with a grateful smile, Annie smiling back until a venomous voice roars angrily.

"Don't you touch him!" His mother sneers, eyes narrowing at the vampire girl with hate and fear swirling in them. Sue Clearwater was known for being a kindhearted woman but with vampires it was a very different situation.

"Mrs Clearwater please, Annie is only trying to help" Carlisle's quick to intervene before anything can escalate, stepping forwards only to be stopped by Andromeda holding her hands up, bowing and stepping away. The blonde man blinks in shock to her easy submission, the lowering of her head to show she was no threat to their son taking him aback.

"It's Alright, I'm stepping away" she says calmly moving back slowly until she was stood with Carlisle, just far away enough so that the two worried parents could go and coddle their injured child

"My poor boy, has she done anything to you?" Sue frantically checks Seth over, holding his cheeks whilst looking him dead in the eye with her own worried eyes.

A mothers love was a powerful one, Andromeda could appreciate that it's why she wasn't offended by sues outburst.

"Mom she helped me, please don't shout at her" Seth pleads, taking his mothers hands in his own to stop her from gripping onto his face.

"Helped you?" With a suspicious glance back to Annie, she strokes her sons cheek and subtly asks for his explanation.

"I was stuck on the tree, I was climbing and slipped and my foot got caught. She helped me down and called her dad to get you" Sue looks at Harry and then to the two Cullens who stood furthest away from them watching, the concern for Seth written all over Annie's face. A thought of conflict crosses Sues mind.