Chapter 01: A Goddess

Just at this moment, I was in the center of a huge coliseum, where thousands of beings were looking at me with expressions of mockery, hatred, or envy.

I was kneeling on the floor handcuffed behind my back by an antimagic chain and a gag covering half of my lower face preventing me from speaking.

"Blessed children of God!" A wrinkled man in white clothes with a gold symbol on his chest began walking towards me as he waved to the boisterous crowd that soon quieted down.

"You see, we have captured the tyrant who killed millions of innocent people, beings who have done nothing wrong, they had relatives, they were happy living the grace of the Lord, they wanted to live and see the world in new dawn! But, this tyrant came and destroyed their happiness!".

"Now it is up to you, children of God, to decide to sacrifice him so that his corrupt soul will be purified, or, to imprison and torture him until he accepts his sins so that our God will forgive him!".

He continued with a soft smile as if what he was saying was the greatest honor one could have.

What can I say? Such were they, they were cowardly beings who despised the lives of others and feared losing their own, they enjoyed seeing the suffering and misfortune of others.

"Scum like this shouldn't be a son of God!" One person who was in the audience started shouting which made the others burst out in insults of different kinds.

"Execute him! He's a villain who needs to be eradicated from the face of existence!".

"Execute him?! Heh! Wouldn't it be better to lock him up and torture him until he perishes!"

"Yes! A demon-like this should be tortured until he repents!"

Shouts and curses like that echoed the inside of the coliseum.

The more I listened to the curses that got worse by the second, I mocked them inwardly.

'Is this the real face of the people I saved, haha? Disappointing'.

"Very well, as God's children wish, we will torture him so that after he dies, his soul will be free under the grace of the Lord!". He shouted with a joyful smile causing the stadium to erupt in cheers and applause.

"Take him and bring him to the torture cellar!". Commanded the wrinkled old man again and the guards behind me started to move and grab my arms and legs to take me away.

I gave them a cold stare. Their bodies shuddered and their expressions revealed terror. But they continued to carry me, just the same.

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived at a huge door. They opened it and we entered, revealing a dark tunnel passage.

'Who would have thought that I would one day be in this place where only traitors and spies were tortured.'

I already knew that my future in this place would be nothing good to experience.

"Throw him in that cell until further orders!".

"As you command, Your Holiness!". Greeted the soldiers before tossing me and dropping heavily inside a cell behind metal-like bars.

"Hahaha! Hero Nader! How does it feel to be powerless right now! You never thought that you would one day be betrayed by us, did you!

The Pope looked at me with a smirk and turned on his heel before heading towards the exit again.

The guards kept their faces expressionless and stood at each corner of the entrance with their spears firmly in their hands.

Thus a few full hours passed before the Pope came again with his golden staff.