Chapter 12: Pet?

Nader began to wander through this labyrinth in search of the staircase leading to the next floor.

This cave was nothing like the cave structures on the lower floors.

The pathway undulated everywhere, twisting and winding with obstructions that were randomly placed.

Together with the rocks and other obstructions, the cave was about twenty-five meters wide.

Although Nader found it a bit strange that no monsters intercepted his path, he didn't think much of it and kept walking.

This was par for the course. Walker monsters were often afraid to wander into the territory of a stronger monster. This also meant that the monsters in this place had a more developed intelligence than the monsters on the lower floors.

After a few minutes, he sensed some monsters passively hiding in the openings of the cave, possibly trying to corner their prey.

"Graaaahh!" an angry roar echoed through the interior of the cave.

Nader looked up at the monsters that leaped from the cave's mockery. One was coming from each side, cornering him.

They were wolves with white coats, dark red veins ran and pulsed down their bodies. At the back, they had two tails with crackles of lightning splashing from them.

When the monsters were a few feet away from Nader, he materialized a light one-handed sword and, in a blur, disappeared from their place.

With a vertical slash, the wolf that was moving at high speed through the air, split into two halves that separated and fell to the ground.

Nader disappeared from his place again. And before the other wolf knew what had happened, several residual images illuminated the place before the wolf's body was cut into small cubes of flesh.

The third wolf, who had not jumped into the air, turned to run, but unfortunately for him, spiked chains materialized and cornered him. The barbs burrowed through his flesh, causing the wolf to howl in pain before his body swelled and exploded like a watermelon being punched.

The body of the last wolf that had attacked him from behind fell heavily to the ground with its head rolling in the air and blood splattering the walls of the cave.

Nader dissolved the sword and picked up the bodies of the wolves and threw them into his storage.

"Any fertilizer is welcome..." he muttered and kept walking.

Occasionally, wolves appeared that used the same tactics as the previous wolves, but they were all turned into decorations for the slots in his storage.

He had also encountered dog-sized white rabbits that, like the other wolves, had red veins pulsing through their bodies.

Obviously, the rabbit's body would become fertilizer.

Something that interested him quite a bit was the ability the rabbits had used. From what Nader had seen, it was an ability that allowed the rabbits to step and move through the air. It was a skill that, although it wouldn't benefit him that much, would be useful for him to merge with another skill to gain something new.

As he was in his thoughts, he saw out of the corner of his eye a white blur pass down the cave corridor towards an opening.

As Nader focused his eyes on the figure, he caught a glimpse of a pair of white, quivering ears protruding from the crevice.

Without stopping his steps, Nader walked toward the trembling figure. The figure poked its face out, revealing a rabbit's head with long fluffy ears and crimson eyes.