Chapter 17: The Hydra

"... Will you take revenge when you come back?". Yue asked as she walked beside Nader. Her crimson eyes were a bit moist.

"I really don't care, however, if I come back, I might take my time to finish them.". Nader replied and shrugged his shoulders.

"... I see." Yue nodded and rubbed the fur of the bunny that was curled up in her arms.

The topic of conversation was, of course, Nader's past in his old world.

He had revealed everything about his past to Yue: from his former personality, the days of hell he endured to the day death set him free.

Nader had thought that revealing his past, would make Yue know him better, this is despite his new personality that had replaced the old one.

However, he did not expect Yue, who had listened attentively to his story, to suddenly burst into sobs.

For Yue, living in the dark with no one accompanying her was terrifying, but after hearing what Nader had endured, she felt that it was better to live in solitude for a few hundred years than to be tortured every day for a few years.

This was true for her, who also possessed regenerative power, which even surpasses Nader's regeneration. So even if she wished to die, she could not.

On the other hand, despite hating the people who brought Nader to his death, she was extremely happy that Nader could reincarnate again, since thanks to that, she had met him.

Obviously, Nader had explained how he had been reincarnated, modifying some facts that contained Levana's existence.

He had explained to Yue that because of his reincarnation, he had gained a strange treasure that allowed him to transmigrate to other worlds, and that because of that treasure, he had managed to reach this world.

"You will go to other worlds...?" Yue suddenly added as she squeezed the bunny.

"Kyu! Kyu!" The bunny panicked and hit Yue's hand with her ears, thanks to that, Yue loosened her embrace.

Anxious and fearful.

Those were the only words that could describe Yue right now. She didn't know what she would do if Nader disappeared one day from her life, no, it would be more correct to say that she would no longer find any meaning in life to go on living.

For her, it would be far worse than when her own family had betrayed her. Just the thought of what would happen if Nader left her in this world made her heart clench.

Nader was also aware of Yue's thoughts, even so, he nodded, "Yes, I will travel to other worlds...".

The instant the answer reached Yue's ears, her emotions became turbulent. She wanted to say something, however, the words got stuck in her throat.

However, Nader's next words pulled her out of hell and threw her straight into paradise.

"If you want, you can come with me."

Yue turned her face and with a trembling but hopeful voice, she uttered, "Can I really accompany you...?".

A smile decorated Nader's face, and he replied, "Sure, I can't leave you alone, can I?".

Yue's crimson eyes moistened and a soft, cute smile appeared on her face as she nodded and hugged Nader's arm without caring about the doe that fell to the ground.

Several floating hearts appeared above Yue's head, earning a strange look from Nader.

This strange and unreal sight had begun a few days ago.