Chapter 18: Exile of the Soul

Nader's footsteps echoed as he walked toward the roaring hydra.

Cracks appeared in the smooth stone with each step Nader took. The pressure in the atmosphere gradually increased to the point where the air howled and became chaotic.

The hydra that was looking for him in front of the huge double doors sensed the booming presence and turned around.

The hydra's huge eyes only reflected the silhouette that appeared in front of its face while at the same time, a thunderous sonic boom echoed through the room that pulverized everything in its path.

Nader's right leg impacted against the yellow head, and with a bang, the imposing head armored by the hydra's skills exploded like a watermelon being hit by a stick. Cerebral fluids along with yellowish blood painted the wall and nearby rocky pillars.

The other intact heads roared in pain in unison as the white head pulsed large amounts of mana to try to restore the yellow head.

Meanwhile, the red hydra-head turned towards Nader as it opened its huge mouth wide revealing a massive fireball compressed inside.

However, before it had a chance to spit out its powerful attack, it was interrupted by Nader's vertical kick that impacted against its jaw.

The jaws containing the attack closed and the fireball was swallowed. Followed by the loud burst of the explosion, the head along with the neck of the hydra was pulverized by its powers.

Even though the nearby blue head was disoriented by the explosion, it opened its huge mouth as it spat torrents of ice balls towards Nader.

With agility, Nader stepped on the ice balls and propelled himself through them as he dodged and closed in on the blue head. However, Nader again felt something scratching at the barrier of his mental defense.

He turned his head and his piercing gaze landed on the blackhead.

"Since you like mental attacks so much, I also have something prepared for you," he said casually.

Instantly, Nader's aura changed completely, it was as if a colossal beast that was fast asleep was awakened from its long slumber. Or at least, that was how it felt to the blackhead of the hydra.

In front of its eyes that were contracting like a needle from fear, it caught a glimpse of something that made it despair: a jet black dragon standing arrogantly in the sky while the large, sharp golden eyes looked at the hydra as if it were a mere lizard. With a deep fear that rooted itself to its soul, the hydra's eyes were lost in the void, leaving behind nothing but a lifeless, lifeless gaze devoid of light.

Although Nader's mental attack was not directed at the minds of the other heads, they were also slightly affected because they shared the same soul.

Wasting no time, Nader arrived in front of the blue head of the hydra that had stopped throwing the ice balls and leaned over the last giant ice debris before kicking the blue head's jaw.

Nader's kick, even though he hadn't used his full strength, was strong enough to knock the hydra's head off its neck before the head crashed through the ceiling.

While the white head was still furiously trying to heal its comrades who were destroyed a few seconds earlier, Nader flew over the white head and slammed his fists downward.

With a popping sound, the head exploded like a balloon being pricked by a needle.

Losing the main source of regeneration, the colorful necks that were headless began to writhe back and forth as the blood of different colors bathed the surroundings.