.7.

" a warm light for all mankind.' Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Bruce began as Nova looked up from her work.

" I heard it." Steve nodded.

"I think that was meant for you." Nova pointed to Tony as Bruce nodded in agreement.

Tony held his bag of food out for Bruce who took some before offering them to Nova who took a few. The women held her hand out and Venom stretched from her neck, gobbling them up before entering her neck again.

"You know, I never knew where those blueberries came from." Said Natasha.

"A magician never reveal his secret Nattie." Replied Tony.

In a blink of an eye a knife lodge it self in the seat right beside Tony ears. "Don't ever call me that again." She glared harshly. Tony sat back with his mouth screwed shut terrified. Not just Tony everyone in the great hall held their breath hoping that they won't offend Natasha in some ways. Every single person except one. "uh...doll face? Would you please stop glaring at him like that. Everyone look like they're going to pissed them self."

hearing that, Natasha soften up a little. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. 

"Only Nova." Steve sigh amusedly.

"Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still all over the news." Bruce said eating the berries.

"The stark tower? That big ugly," Steve paused when Tony gave him a look and Nova snorted, "building in New York?"

"Nova, my patient with you is running super low." Said Tony looking annoyed.

"Suck it grandpa." Replied Nova sticking her tongue out.

"It's powered by an arc reactor, a self-sustaining energy source. That building will run it self for what, a year?" Nova quizzed, looking at Tony.

"So, why didn't S.H.I.E.L.D. bring him in and the tesseract project?" Bruce indicated to Tony. 

"What are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Nova continued.

"Hot." Muttered Natasha. Clint who sat right next to her gave her a look. " You look like you're going to jump her right now Nat." 

"Not my fault she look hot while being serious alright." She replied.

"Yeah not her fault." Said Nova cheekily. Natasha gave her a whack to the head. 

"I should probably look into that once my decryption program finishes breaking into all of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secure files. Quite a large one on you Nova." Tony looked at the women in confusion while her eyes went big.

"I'm sorry. Did you say-" Steve began.

"Jarvis has been running it wince I hit the bridge." Tony interrupted as Nova rushed to her computer, rapidly typing. "In a few hours I'll know every dirty secret S.H.I.L.E.D. has ever tried to hide. Blueberry?"

"Yet you're confused why they didn't want you around." Steve defended.

"An intelligent organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not okay." Nova nodded in agreement, trying to hack the system to delete her files.

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if we don't stay focused, he'll succeed." Steve started, glancing at all of them. "We have orders. We should follow them."

"Following's not really my style." Tony said, placing some berries into his mouth.

"And you're all about style, aren't you?" Steve quipped.

"Of all the people in this room, which one is, A, wearing a spangly outfit, and, B, not of use?" Tony fought.

"Cancel Netflix, nutter, this is my new favorite show."  Venom smirk inside of Nova's head as she chuckled again confusing the others.

"Venom is my spirit animal."

"I am no animal child." 

"Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you." Bruce joined in.

"Just find the cube." Steve stated after a second before leaving the lab.

"LOSER." Wade, Nova and Sirius yelled at the same time.

"TWINS." They yelled again.

"Shut the fuck up." Said the one and only goddess Natasha Romanoff.

" That's the guy my dad never shut up about?" Tony scoffed when he'd left. "I'm wondering if they should've kept him in the ice."

"Huh." Bruce mumbled as Nova was still typing rapidly. "The guy's not wrong about Loki. He does have the jump on us."

"What he got is an Acme dynamite kit. It's going to blow up in his face. And I'm going to be there when it does." Tony said.

"Yeah." Nova hummed, unable to delete her files. "I'll read all about it."

"Me too." Chuckled.

"Uh-huh. Or you'll be suiting up with the rest of us." Tony muttered.

"You see, I don't get a suit of armour. I'm exposed. Like a nerve. It's a nightmare." Bruce explained sadly.

"That makes the two of us, Doc." Nova hummed, now focusing on the cube.

"I've got cluster of shrapnel trying every second to crawl its way into heart. This stops it. This little circle of light, it's part of me now, not just armour. It's a terrible privilege." Tony said, joint the two.

"Dang that's sad."

"But you can control it." Bruce defended.

"Because I learned how." Tony argued.

"It's different." Bruce denied.

"Hey, I read all about your accident. That much gamma exposure should have killed you. And you should have been killed by the parasite that entered you." Tony turned to Nova who's eyes widened at the statement.

"PARASITE!!" Venom yelled in a growl, making Nova wince as he was inside her head.

"So you're saying that the Hulk and Venom..." Bruce trailed off. "The other guys saved our lives?"

"That's nice. It's a nice sentiment." Nova nodded along, rubbing her temples. "Saved it for what?"

"I guess we'll find out." Tony replied.

"You may not enjoy that." Bruce stated.

"Yeah, Venom's pissed at you." Nova sang.

"And you just might." Tony responded. "Wait, what did I do?"

"Called him a parasite. He gets defensive." Nova nodded as Tony shrugged agreeing.

{935}