the life ahead of us

the life in front of you
is far more important
than the life
behind you

Joel Osteen

Anastasia pov

"Hold him steady!" Cisco said.

"He's dropping out!" I added.

"Come one, come on come on come on," Cisco said as he placed the stabilizer on stein

"Cisco, we're losing him!" I yelled.

"Got it," Cisco announced as he typed the computer. Suddenly, Stein's fire went out. "Oh, Dios Mio, thank god."

"He'd getting worse," Barry said.

"Look, I did what I could to re-engineer Dr wells' original stabilizers to quell the reaction, but I don't know what he used as a power source.
The best I could find was the one from his wheelchair." Cisco Caitlin Barry and I walked out of the lab and into the cortex.

"And how long will that last?" Caitlin asked.

"Well, that's the problem. We had already used up most of its energy trying to dampen the mate's powers during our little rogue trip with the weather wizard and company.
I think we got a few days tops."

"And he's stuck in bed?" Barry asked, disappointed.

"Yeah, when he wakes up, I'm going to transfer the stabilizer to this, give him a power cane, get him moving." Cisco touched a weird-looking cane.

"We gotta figure out a way to save him," I said quickly.

"I think I might know how to do that." Caitlin smiled.

"When the particle accelerator exploded the dark matter that collided with Professor Stein fused with the F.I.R.E.S.T.R.O.M matrix and altered the normal molecular processes
that occur within his body.
Those highly reactive molecules needed something to bond with to stabilize." Caitlin started.

"And that's where Ronnie came in," Cisco said.

"Yes, and now that Ronnie is no longer a part of Professor Stein..." Caitlin added.

"Those molecules don't have anything to bond to.
And the longer he goes
without merging, the more unstable he becomes." Barry finished.

"And the longer he goes without merging the more unstable he becomes," I added.

"Alright, so, what do we do?" Asked Cisco.

"Find another... participant," Caitlin answered.

"Okay, cool, so, how do we do that?
Are we just gonna make a tinder app for potential meta-humans?
Cause I'm pretty sure merging with stein and randomly bursting into flames sounds like the biggest "swipe left" of all time," Cisco said.

"I mean even if we could find someone willing, stein can't just merge with whoever he wants."

"No, he can't.
But I have done some research and found two potential candidates that might be compatible with him.
They both were affected by the dark matter, and they were both admitted to the hospital showing symptoms of gene rearrangement mutation and they both share the same blood type as Professor Stein and Ronnie." We all walked to the computers to see two people a slightly older one than the other.

"This one." I said and pointed at the younger one, "the other one I don't trust."

"Alright, this is more than organ donation we'll need more than tissue type to see if their bodies are compatible

"If I can isolate the genetic locus of the two candidates and cross-reference it with the mutations in Professor Stein, I might be able to find a match and save his life," Caitlin said looking up from the computer.