back to Egypt 2

Anastasia pov

"Are you okay?" Carter asked Kendra.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a headache."

"Are you sure?
Usually, that's a sign of your memories returning."

"Yeah, I'm sure." Kendra sighed. "I can't remember anything yet."

"Bunch of superheroes on a farmhouse?
I feel like I've seen it in a movie before," I said as I smiled.

"We need a secure location," Ollie said.

"What's wrong with S.T.A.R labs?" Caitlin asked.

"Well, I mean absolutely nothing, if you forget about the revolving door you guys installed so the bad guys can come and go as they please."

"Remind me again what happened to your old lair?
Or the one before that?" Caitlin asked

"Well, lair number one was compromised by the police.
And I will stop helping." Felicity realized her mistake and stopped.

"Savage only let Barry and I live because he felt Kendra started to emerge as Hawkgirl and went after her.
He can sense her and Carter's presence.
We don't need to make it easier for him by staying in the city limits." Ollie said.

"We need to find a way to neutralize Savage advantage.
Barry, you're late." Ollie announced.

"Sorry, it turns out it's not easy finding the ass-end of nowhere." Barry sighed.

"Yeah, for real. The roaming charges alone are going to bankrupt me." Cisco added.

"We're discussing how to take away Savage's newfound power," Ollie said.

"His magic stick thing..." Felicity smiled.

"The staff of Horus." Carter corrected.

"Well, it's protected by some kind of an energy field," I added.

"I couldn't lay a finger on it," Barry added

"Maybe wear mittens next time," Felicity suggested.

"What if we make some sort of insulated gauntlets?" Caitlin asked.

"Ohh, yeah, yeah, yeah.
The magnetic shielding could disrupt the..." Cisco started.

"...staff's magnetic polarity," I continued

"Yeah." Cisco smiled, and we all went to work on the gauntlets.

"24 hours."

"Until what?" Kendra questioned Ollie's statement.

"Until were supposed to hand you and carter over to Savage, or..."

"Savage lays waste to Central City." Carter continued.

"Yup."

"We've been through this before 1887, the Huang He flood, Savage killed nearly two million people to get to us. And he did." Carter added.

"We weren't helping you then.
We are now." I said.

"We have 24 hours to come up with a workable plan," Ollie added.

"No, this is insane. My life isn't worth millions of people's lives." Kendra said and left.

"Kendra... I'll talk to her," Carter said

"Hey, I got this," Cisco said

"I said I'll talk to her," Carter argued and left

"Hey, here's an idea why don't just toss him over to Vandel Savage?" Asked Cisco.

"Oliver, you were right.
I don't know how you knew, but you were right; the gauntlets won't work; they're missing a critical element." Cisco said as he walked in.

"How do you know?" Diggle asked.

"Because I remembered," Kendra said. " I remember how Savage killed us the first time back in Egypt."

"I have never been able to remember our first death," Carter said.

"Well, those... The sky rocks...  Meteors they fell, and they destroyed the Royal Palace." Kendra sighed.

"During the middle kingdom, Egypt experienced a high level of meteorite activity." Felicity said, and everyone looked at her, "I know stuff."

"Which is one of the many reasons we love you so much, but also doesn't seem to help us stop Savage," Loral said

"It's the calamity Professor Boardman was referring to.
The meteors glowed about them. And Savage staff had two gemstones with the same glow." Kendra informed us.

"Yeah, the gemstones might be made up of the same element as the meteorite." Barry started

"The Egyptians would use meteorites in their craftsmanship," I added

"And the minerals glow in proximity to each other." Caitlin continued

"Like Sankara stones." Cisco referenced

"Oh wait, the Indiana  Jones reference is the only thing I understand," Thea said hopelessly.

"Two pieces of the same meteorite, like an Nth metal.
That is the key to counteracting the staff." Cisco said

"Believe it or not, that isn't the craziest thing I've heard today," Ollie added

"There's a sample of the meteorite from the middle kingdom at the keystone City Museum of Natural History." Felicity read from the computer, and Barry ran out and came back with a blue stone. "Hopefully, I got the right one."

"I could synthesize a compatible isotope out of this and coat the gauntlets with it," Cisco said.

"Okay, do it," Ollie said.

"Savage doesn't know that Kendra has gained an excess to all of her abilities, your our ace in the sleeve." Ollie added.

"Where do you need us?" Diggle asked.

"Suit up."

It's a short one, I know.
I'll see if I can update again today