15: summer confessions

CHIYO ANXIOUSLY GRIPPED

     onto the strap of her backpack, as she awaited for the door to open. though when it did, the second-year became even more confused at the sight of ozawa.

"oh, chiyo-chan, you're here!!", the first-year greeted with a bright smile.

"yūko-chan...what are you doing here?", chiyo confusingly asked.

"ah, I'm actually here to help yūji-kun finish his homework. you're here for sukuna, right? come on in!", the girl invited.

as soon as chiyo entered the house, sukuna had appeared and led her towards the living room, where she noticed a dark-haired male with eye bags almost as heavy as panda's.

"h-hello, nice to meet you! I'm aoki chiyo", the second-year bowed in respect, to which the dark-haired male had just flickered his gaze over towards sukuna.

ozawa joined yūji back at the dining table, where the two continued studying with the latter constantly sighing in defeat.

"blonde girls? you and yūji sure do have a type, huh?", chōsō stated, causing ozawa and chiyo to both slightly flinch with embarrassment.

"isn't yuki, your girlfriend, also blonde though?", yūji defended.

"touché", chōsō muttered, as he turned his attention back towards chiyo, who had already straightened her posture.

"you don't have to just stand there. you can take a seat or get a drink if you'd like", the long-haired boy offered.

"t-thank you!"

"in case you didn't get the memo, that's our older brother chōsō. he's back from university for summer break", sukuna explained.

"it's a pleasure meeting you, chōsō-san", chiyo smiled.

"the pleasure's mine", chōsō replied with a neutral expression, as he soon left the couch to presumably facetime his girlfriend: tsukumo yuki.

"you can just set your backpack down by the couch. now, are you sure you want to watch basketball with me? it might be boring for you", sukuna questioned.

     "I-I want to learn about basketball before practice starts, so I'm not completely clueless", chiyo confirmed, to which ozawa had perked up at that.

     yūji, seeing his tutor take interest in what chiyo was saying, had found a way out of his misery.

     "yūko-chan, how about we join them in watching basketball?! maybe you can learn something from it as well, while I get a break!!"

     "I don't think we should intru—"

     "it's okay! we don't mind", chiyo intercepted, to which ozawa had flashed her senior a grateful smile.