2. dragon тraιnιng

"Welcome to dragon training!" Gobber announced to the group of teens behind him, lifting up the large metal gate that led to the training area

"No turning back," Freya whispered to herself as the group entered the dome.

"You ready for this?" Astrid asked the redhead.

Freya let out a puff of air, giving the girl a small smile, "I've never been more ready for anything in my entire life, you?"

"I was born ready," Astrid lifted her axe and smacked it into her palm.

The group inspected the dome surrounding them, each forming their own smiles as if to tell themselves that they finally made it. The training area was lined with metal doors, and solid stone, with a huge metal cage outlining the roof. Freya was more excited than she let on, she tried to keep her breathing steady while also managing to keep the grin from forming onto her face.

"I hope I get some serious burns," Tuffnut said.

"I'm hoping for some mauling, like on my shoulder or lower back," His sister added.

Astrid smirked, "Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it,"

"Yeah, no kidding, right?" A muffled voice came from the back of the group. "Pain. Love it,"

When the group turned around the last person they were expecting to see was the chief's son. An annoyed look swarmed the brunette's face, indicating that this was the last place he wanted to be. Groans and scowls were heard from all of the teens.

"Oh, great, who let him in?" Tuffnut scoffed, leaning against his spear.

"Let's get started! The recruit who does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village," Gobber came up from behind Hiccup.

"Hiccup already killed a Night Fury, so does that disqualify him?" Snotlout joked, making the twins burst out into laughter.

"Can I transfer to the class with the cool Vikings?" Tuffnut let out, leading the rest of the teens to the front of the dome.

"Behind these doors are just a few of the many species you will learn to fight!" The man explained, putting his hands behind his back as he paced in front of the teens. "The Deadly Nadder!"

"Speed 8, armor 16," Fishlegs muttered.

"The Hideous Zippleback,"

"Plus 11 stealth. Times 2,"

"The Monstrous Nightmare,"