4. troυвleѕ ιn тraιnιng

After the monstrosocity that was dragon training, Freya headed straight towards her quiet spot in the woods

After the monstrosocity that was dragon training, Freya headed straight towards her quiet spot in the woods. Her fur lined boots gliding against the bright green grass as she stepped on multiple leaves and twigs. Her training area was a safe haven. A peaceful spot where she could let go of the pressure on her shoulders from her dad, or worrying about a dragon attack, or trying to be the best. Once she finally reached her marked up tree from an assortment of weapons, she laid her body against the soft grass. Closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath, letting all of the stress wash off of her body. But that was cut short as she felt a strong gust of wind fly across her face.

Freya instantle shot up from her spot on the ground, taking in her surroundings; yet there was nothing there. She couldn't help but remember what had happened just a few days ago, the flashbacks of her landing on her butt due to getting smacked in the abdomen by a huge dragon. The redhead had hoped that the dragon wouldn't return, or at least it wouldn't return while she was alone. But her prayers to Thor had not been answered. As she looked up at the sky with her dagger held firmly in her hand, she saw the scaly beast flying over her body in multiple different directions. Slightly disoriented, Freya didn't know where to look, and in that small moment of weakness she found herself being slammed back onto the ground by the dragon. All of the air had left her lungs as she gasped for breaths while holding her stomach. When she looked back up the dragon was hanging upside down from its tail from a huge tree, making direct eye contact with her. Freya was right, it was huge. Bigger than any dragon she had seen before. It wasn't that much bigger than a Monstrous Nightmare but it was bigger.

Its big yellow eyes only stared at her, but what she found interesting was that it was able to turn its head up right, like an owl. Gray scales were found all around the dragon's body with light blue accents lined along its face, ears and wings. The two only looked at one another, neither Freya or the dragon knowing what to do. But to Freya, the dragon was playing a dangerous game that she wasn't willing to play. She lined up her dragger, ready to finally make her first kill. But something inside her told her not too, a feeling of reflection swarmed her body as she looked into the dragon's eyes once again. Only for it to close its eyes in defeat. As she let the dagger free, expecting it to imbed itself into the dragon's skull. The small pointed dagger was placed perfectly parallel to the dragon in the tree next to it.

A wave of shock went through the short girl. "I never miss. How the hell, when it's most important did I miss!" She thought to herself.

She stood there for a moment trying to think about what to do next before the owl-like dragon came over to kill her. But the only thing that she could think of was to run, and she did. She ran as fast as her legs could take her back to Berk. When she finally made it out of the woods, her lungs were burning and the next thing she felt was her body ramming into another person's.

"Woah, hey!" Astrid let out before realizing her friend's state of distress. "Are you okay?"

"What? Yeah I'm fine. Just—tired from training is all," Freya laughed nervously.