5. roмanтιc ғlιgнт

Night had fallen once Freya got home from her individual training

Night had fallen once Freya got home from her individual training. The girl actually saw Hiccup in the woods, which she found suspicious but when she went to go follow him he had disappeared. When she walked through the door her father was sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for her to arrive home. The freckled girl dropped all of her armor on the ground, running over to her father and enveloping him in a big hug, after not seeing him for a few weeks due to him, the Chief, and a few other vikings going out to look for the nest.

"I missed you dad,"

"I missed you too lassie," Ulrik chuckled.

"Did you find anything?"

Her father's face immediately darkened at her question, "No—we lost many men on our journey. We were ambushed. But enough about that, there is something I actually wanted to talk to you about,"

Freya took a seat next to him at the table, "Like what?"

"Like how Hiccup Haddock is beating you in dragon training,"

Freya's face dropped, "How did you find out?"

"Gobber told me,"

"Look, dad—it's not," Ulrik slammed his fist against the table, stopping her sentence.

"How is it that before I leave you are at the top of your class and when I return I come to find out that you are second?"

"I–I don't know he just got good out of nowhere," Freya stammered.

"So what, he just pulled something out of his ass? Is that it?" Freya stayed silent not knowing how to explain things to her father.

"Have you been practicing? Going to training sessions with Gobber?"

"Yes," Freya defended. "I've been working my butt off the whole time and one day Hiccup just shows up and defeats it,"

"Well then you must not be working hard enough,"

"He's your best friend's son, shouldn't you be happy for him? You've known him since he was a babe," Freya mentioned.

"It's the fact that I have trained you since you were a babe, and Hiccup—he was the laughing stock of the village and he still beat you. What do you think that says?"

"That, maybe he's been working hard too, maybe he just wants to make his father proud!" Freya defended the boy.

Ulrik's face deepended, he got on one knee in front of his daughter, "Tomorrow is the last day of training, and I expect Gothi to pick you when the time comes,"

"Yes, father,"

Freya went to bed that night with tears in her eyes. She only wanted to make her father proud. Her mother proud. But now Hiccup Haddock had ruined everything which sent fire through Freya's veins. She defended the boy to her father, trying to make sense of things herself and nothing added up. Nobody got as good as he did overnight, especially him. And Freya was determined to know how, and she was now more than ever determined to win.