6. тнe υlтιмaтe dιѕappoιnтмenт

The black dragon ignored the boy as he continued to flap his wings

The black dragon ignored the boy as he continued to flap his wings. The pair soaring through the air at lightning speed.

"Whoa! What is it?" Hiccup inquired again, this time the teens heard multiple loud roars from around them. A plethora of different breeds of dragons started to swarm them, the clouds slightly hiding their figures.

"Get down," The boy whispered, laying his entire front half against Toothless. Freya joined him in his actions, as a slight hint of fear clouded her body.

"What's going on?" The redhead asked.

"I don't know. Toothless, you got to get us out of here, bud," He placed his hand on the side of the dragon's head, only for him to snarl in response and continue on his path.

"It looks like they're hauling in their kill,"

"Uh...what does that make us?" Freya held the boy's frame a little tighter.

All of a sudden Toothless dropped down beneath the clouds, fog now wrapping around them. The black dragon weaved in and out between large rocks as the dragons around them let out loud snarls and roars. Once they were finally able to get a better view, the pair realized they were headed straight towards a large mountain of rock, almost like a volcano.

"Hiccup, I'm getting a bad feeling about this," Freya spoke as they entered a cave leading into the mountain. Screams emitted from both Hiccup and Freya as Toothless started to go faster. A large opening came into view. Large pillars of rock and stone standing all around them. A reddish-orange smoke floated at the never ending bottom of the opening.

"What our dad's wouldn't give to find this," The brunette stated.

Finally coming to a rest, Toothless flew behind a large rock on a landing, concealing all of them from the rest of the dragon's.

"It's satisfying to know all our food has been dumped down a hole," Hiccup stated, as all of the dragon's dropped all the food they had clutched within their claws down the pit.

"Let's just hope that your pet doesn't do the same to us," Freya mumbled, earning her a growl from Toothless. "But—they're not eating any of it,"

A beefy Gronkle entered the opening, flying straight towards the middle. The dragon made a gurgling noise as it coughed up a small fish from its throat. A growl was heard from below as the Gronkle scratched itself with its tongue hanging out of its mouth. As it was about to fly away a large dragon shot up from the bottom of the pit, swallowing the warty dragon whole.

"What is that?" Freya gasped. The dragon had been bigger than any she had ever seen, its jaw filled with hundreds of long pointed teeth. The beast slithered back to the bottom but stopped shortly as it started to smell something. And both Freya and Hiccup knew it was them.

Hiccup touched the side of Toothless' head, "All right, bud, we got to get out of here...now!" Just as Toothless shot into the air, the large beast sprang right towards them. Its jaw missing them by inches. All of the dragons following the Night Fury out of the top of the cave.