chapter 3

Steve pressed his head to the glass of the car window. Outside the streets of Paris lay on either side, full of bustling people going about there daily business. No one would expect 2 of the most wanted people in America to be there. He looked down at his phone," ok," he said," the safe house she was in must be that one," he pointed to a building on the map labeled safe house in the black widows handwriting, " so she's probably gone to this one, on the other side of the city," he finished, pointing at another house labeled in the exact same way.

Unknown to Natasha, he had sneaked into her room when they were staying at sam's, and taken a picture of all her safe houses. He did this so he could always find her, even when she was on a mission, it just felt safer to him. And it was certainly coming in useful now.

" So where from here," bucky asked as they reached a crossroad. " Left," Steve replied, anxiously taping his foot on the floor, they were nearly there. " You ok?" Bucky asked. " Yeah, just tired, we've had a long drive." He replied, faking a yawn.
No he wasn't fine, what happened if she hated him now or she was hurt or-. " I think we're here." Bucky said uncertainly, looking at steves phone," says here where her place is is the 3rd floor of the first building on the right, room 32." He finished, squinting at the handwriting.

Steve nodded. Bucky went to the boot where he grabbed us a couple of guns. Ever since tony had taken Steve's shield he'd had to make do with a gun, and now thuruly admired how Natasha could use it to her advantage so well. Quickly though he reached for the guns, placing them carefully back into the boot. Bucky looked at him quizzically. " She'll get scared, think we want to shoot her or something." Steve reasoned.
" What happens if somebody attacks us though?" He asked back.
" Believe me, Natasha will have a lot of weapons hidden in that room" Steve replied, setting off towards the building.

They got to the door that read 32, and slowly, Steve knocked. Silence. And then again, and again. " She's probably not here punk," bucky whispered. " Let me just check inside." Steve said," ok Natasha this is your last warning, I'll give you 10 seconds to open this door or I'll kick it down, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...1."

Steve ran at the door, knocking it down. He put his hands on his knees, head bowed, trying to catch his breath. Then he looked up, and was faced with a gun, and further behind that, Natasha. Her hair was wet, clinging to her face, which, he saw, had no makeup on, and was just as pretty as the face with it. He saw the realization of who he was dawn on her face, but she didn't drop the gun.
" Natasha," he said," its me, I'm not gonna hurt you,". He reached out his hand, and took the gun.

Natasha stood there, cold wet and shaking, 'how did he find her?' she thought. But then she looked into his blue eyes and relaxed, which he seemed to sense, as he pulled her into a tight hug, laughing a little. She laughed to, smiling up at him. " I'm so sorry nat, I I didn't mean for you to have to hide from the world again," he said, hugging me still. I felt a warm feeling spread through my body, he really cared. " It's okay," she whispered back,", I'm used to it,"

Then another guy came in, bucky, the winter soldier. He smiled at her and nat smiled back. " So, " Natasha said, pulling away from Steve," I'm guessing you want me to help you get the others out of prison?