chapter 15

Natasha woke up much later, as the light flooded the room, to little hands shaking her roughly. " Auntie nat, auntie nat!" The young voice said.
" What is it lila," Natasha asked.
" We have to get ready!" She said back
" For what?"
" The garden party tonight!" Lila squealed," please come help me pick some flowers!"

Natasha laughed, telling lila she would go change and then they could go. She ran upstairs to her room. Sharon and Maria were sitting there. When Natasha walked in Sharon looked up at her, before talking very loud about her date with Steve that afternoon. For some reason Natasha started feeling very ever so slightly jealous and she could feel her anger rising but instead she said.

" Well make sure your back for the party!" Putting a fake smile on. She turned her back to them, choosing a black pleated skirt and a baby blue loose crop top. She could feel Maria's eyes on the back of her head, nat was probably shaking from anger but she didn't know where this feeling had come from.

She walked back downstairs to lila. They walked outside with Wanda who had volunteered to come along. Natasha completely zoned out. She hadn't felt so protective of someone ever before, it was so weird. ' it's because he's my best friend.' she thought firmly. ' right?'

Natasha was so deep in thought she accidentally crashed into a tree, then proceeded to kick it as hard as she could out of anger, before hopping about, clutching her foot in which she must have broken some toes, swearing under her breath.

" Is she ok?" Lila asked Wanda innocently. " I don't think so..." Wanda said with deep concern," here take my flowers and run back to the house, I heard your mums made biscuits "
" Biscuits!" Lila clapped her hands in delight, running away instantly.

" Natasha?" Wanda asked, carefully moving towards her.
" I'm fine!" Natasha said.
" Right..."
" Don't you dare look in my brain!"
" Okay"

Natasha stalked away quickly, leaving Wanda wondering what on earth happened.

Steve noticed she did not come down for lunch, and, when he got back from his date with Sharon, he still couldn't find her. " Clint?" He asked the archer as he walked past," wheres-"
" Nats upstairs with lila getting ready, and you need to put on a suit," Clint said confidentiality," oh and don't try test her today, she's completely off I don't know why but she nearly stabbed me for smirking at her earlier!" He finished, sounding exasperated.

Steve nodded, he'd see her at the party then adleast. He walked to his room where he found bucky and sam trying to tie there ties.

Natasha was sitting on the window sill as lila had a nap. She had tried ever excuse but well, she couldn't lie to herself, she had a crush on Steve. Had anyone seen, Sharon certainly had and now wanted to make her life torture. Natasha knew she had to avoid him at all costs tonight, she could not fall in love.

Steve stood at the doorway looking at Sam and bucky. They were to of his closest friends and besides, not telling anyone was killing him. " Guys," he said, making his presence known," I need to tell you something." They looked at him curiously before pulling him in and closing the door. " What?" Bucky asked.

" I-" he started," I-"
" Yes..." Sam encouraged.
" I like Natasha!" Steve blurted out. The room was silent for a few seconds. " Way to point out the obvious." Bucky said.
" It's that obvious?" Steve asked.
The other two looked at each other." Yes!" They said in sink.

" Just break up with Sharon." Bucky said an hour later.
" How?" Steve asked helplessly.
" Always make it seem like your sad, be like I've had a great time but I think it's time we find others who will love us even more." Sam suggested.
" And your such an expert." Bucky said rolling his eyes. " Not helping." Steve snapped.
" Hey calm down bro!" Sam said.
" You need to get ready for the party." Bucky sighed.