chapter 23

Natasha sat, deathstairing Loki, who had an amused smile on his face.

Meanwhile the rest of the avengers had gotten onto the jet. Steve stood directing the others, like before the civil war. Tony walked up and stood next to him.

" Just like old times, hu?" He said breaking the silence.
" Yeah," Steve breathed.
" You do realize this is a trap." Tony pointed out.
" Yes," Steve said.
" And we're just gonna walk right into it?" Tony asked.
"Yep," Steve answered determinedly.
" Cool," tony said, shrugging." You should say how you feel,"
" Hu?" Steve said, raising his eyebrows.
" Red, cap. Tell her how you feel," tony said.
" What i-"
" No excuses," he smirked.
" Tony!" Steve said angrily.
" What! I'm as certain as I was that pepper was the one," tony smiled.

" And how long did that take?" Steve said dryly.
" To long, you shouldn't make the same mistake." Tony said, before walking away, leaving Steve deep in thought.

A while later he looked up, and there was his old home. " Alright everyone, " he shouted," we have no idea who or what to expect, so bring everything you got."
The team cheered as they landed on the helipad. They walked to the entrance in silence. Reaching the door Wanda blasted it open. No lights were on. " We search as a team, do not split up," Steve said.

They searched the ground level to find surprisingly nothing, then decided to go up to the first floor and, sure enough, a light was on in the very last room.

Bruce ran forwards, changing into the hulk, bursting through the door. Everyone ran forwards into the room, and stopped in their tracks.
" Hello brother," Loki greeted an astonished Thor.